A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper BIG "dim bulb" question - June 7th, 2005 at 09:45 AM
Picture me blushing already and I haven't even asked it yet.

WHERE is this dark well ventalated space for drying herbs? I've looked all over the apartment and I can't find it. Did someone hide it, or heaven forbid take it?

Can someone help me find it please.

shocked confused shocked
Posted By: LMT Re: BIG "dim bulb" question - June 8th, 2005 at 12:06 PM
You don't want them in an air tight container or full sun.

I found this worthwhile, "The oven light of an electric range ... furnishes enough heat for overnight drying."

I'd leave the oven door open.

Linky
Posted By: tkhooper Re: BIG "dim bulb" question - June 8th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
That's cool. Thankyou.

I am so looking forward to trying this.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: BIG "dim bulb" question - June 8th, 2005 at 01:52 PM
WHERE is this dark well ventalated space for drying herbs? I've looked all over the apartment and I can't find it. Did someone hide it, or heaven forbid take it?
Too funny!
Thanks for my first chuckle of the day!

And thanks for the terrific link, LMT! kissies
I have a few different mints this year that I'd like to try drying and that link has wonderful info on doing that! thumbup
Posted By: Elfinone Re: BIG "dim bulb" question - June 9th, 2005 at 03:19 PM
when I dry my herbs, I tie them up in light bundles, I use rubberbands for the stalky ones. then I twist tie them to an old fashioned wood drying rack. I put them in a spot in the house where it gets good air circulation but no direct sun and then whent he rack is full I cover it with gause to keep the dust off of them.
For my little delicate guy like dill and, things you should dry flat leaf only, I use, um, ya know those pull open window screens?. I place paper towels over that,then lay out the herbs. I can stack the paper towl layers then use another screen for another kind keeping them separate. I have always done that. it works real well.
I love the smell of the house when all these herbs are drying.
wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]