A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: nonnie rubber plant all on top of skinny trunk - July 18th, 2005 at 01:05 PM
My 'rubber plant' has lost all the bottom leaves and still has a long almost pencil thin trunk which is unable to support the top. Is there anything I can do to save it? thanks
Posted By: Smh023 Re: rubber plant all on top of skinny trunk - July 19th, 2005 at 02:17 AM
Well I have not had this happen to me and my rubber trees but maybe the roots are rotting. Check them and if so you may be able to save the ones that are still healthy.
Posted By: Nako Re: rubber plant all on top of skinny trunk - July 19th, 2005 at 05:44 AM
a thin trunk means not enough light. My recommendation is that you steak it, and put it in an area that gets pleanty of sunlight ^.^ Like a window or something like that.

~Phoebe
Posted By: Anonymous Re: rubber plant all on top of skinny trunk - July 19th, 2005 at 11:54 PM
My rubber plant was suffering from not enought light..and a lot of the leaves fell off...

Well I set it outside where it gets morning sun and PM shade and it's really taking off....it's amazing the difference you get when the plant gets enough sunlight...

Could you put your outside for the summer?
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]