A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Kurlie77 Wild Rose Bush - July 6th, 2005 at 01:36 AM
There is a wild rose bush growing in my yard, its about 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide and is in bloom with big light pink flowers. (About 3 inches in diameter) I was wondering if anyone knows how to make cuttings from this bush and plant them? I'd really like to learn how!
Posted By: mike57 Re: Wild Rose Bush - July 6th, 2005 at 06:05 AM
HI wavey Kurlie77 during hot weather. THE best way is to nick a limb on the bottom about 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch just the outer skin of it.then rub on rooting hormone then get a flower pot filled with soil then place where you nicked it on the soil then put more soil on top of the limb then place a rock or brick on top of it keep it watered moist not soked it will feed off the mother plant till the new roots start to grow.then in 6 to 8 weeks you should have new roots growing where you nicked it.then just cut it between the pot and mother plant.then you have a new rose bush to plant.thats the best way on any bush or shrub if the limb will bend down to the flower pot that way your cuttings will not dry up or burn up due to the heat. your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw flw
Posted By: Kurlie77 Re: Wild Rose Bush - July 6th, 2005 at 08:05 PM
That's very nifty! I think I'll try it! Could I also try digging out a part of the bush from the ground, like with the roots and all, and then just planting that?
Posted By: mike57 Re: Wild Rose Bush - July 7th, 2005 at 07:48 AM
Yep that would work to.good luck with your rose bush.your friend in gardening.mike57
Posted By: JV Re: Wild Rose Bush - July 10th, 2005 at 11:48 PM
Thanks Mike you just gave me some ideas about something else I want to try on my ROS. thumbup
Jimmy
Posted By: mike57 Re: Wild Rose Bush - July 11th, 2005 at 09:31 PM
HI JIMMY your very welcome any time.glad i have that efect on folks sometimes i also get ideas from others peoples post in here to. your friend in gardening.mike57
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]