A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: guynvb re: potting a plant - May 21st, 2005 at 02:45 AM
Today I bought a new perennial and new pot and placed it at my front door. I had not realized this plant was so large and I really think it needs a large pot. I was wondering if it is possible to cut the roots a bit and then repot. The plant in question is the purple one in front. I really appreciate your feedback.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tkhooper Re: re: potting a plant - May 21st, 2005 at 11:21 AM
Hi neighbor,

I live in Virginia too. Is that an astible(sp)? I don't know about your plant I'm sorry I'm just starting to learn about gardening. But I love your pots those are nice.
Posted By: pcgrav Re: re: potting a plant - May 21st, 2005 at 02:55 PM
A consideration--- look up the type of plant it is here on the site. Some plants grow better somewhat rootbound; others do not. Decision to repot it would be better based on that info rather than what it looks like. Of course plants can get TOO root bound and they will stop growing. To better answer your question I would need to know what kind of plant it is...
Posted By: Katb Re: re: potting a plant - May 21st, 2005 at 02:59 PM
Yep thats an asible & they do better in a large place as big as this one is it might not be a good idea to cut on the roots, their a shade plant & love cool damp soil they spread alot so it would do better in a bed , they,ll grow in sun but not well flower shops use their leafs as a filler for their fresh cut arrangments they call it leather leaf they last a long time in a vase I grow mine in rock beds where its damp they dont like soggy soil only damp & cool this is a great plant. kit
Posted By: Francine Re: re: potting a plant - May 21st, 2005 at 05:34 PM
hi Guy,

sorry i don t have an answer for you but i m just writing to tell you i love you plants,very nice and your pots are superb.

what is that gorgous plant nxt to your ast...it s so pretty with it s little tiny red flowers.

thanks.
Posted By: Bill Re: re: potting a plant - May 21st, 2005 at 05:50 PM
I want a purple Astilbe!!!!
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/astilbe.html
Posted By: tkhooper Re: re: potting a plant - May 21st, 2005 at 06:02 PM
I am amazed Bill I didn't think there was anything that you didn't have.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]