A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bestofour dill - July 6th, 2005 at 07:48 AM
I don't know what to do with this stuff now that it's growing. Do I let it flower? Will it dry in the garden? It smells so good.
Posted By: LMT Re: dill - July 6th, 2005 at 09:13 AM
Go to Hippy Gourmet and click on PBS Recipes. Scroll down to the fourth one, Summer Squash. thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: dill - July 6th, 2005 at 10:55 AM
LMT...that is a GREAT site...thanks for sharing it!

Sheri, I planted dill for the first time this year...a lady from the church comes and cuts it to use in her pickles. I am going to cut some later to make vinegrette with...then you can use it for marinades or salads. Dill is REALLY good dried...sprinkle some on fish or salmon dishes..YUMMIEEEE! thumbup
Posted By: Elfinone Re: dill - July 6th, 2005 at 08:57 PM
I love dill. I use it alot in cooking. I have to go transplant a bunch now. I keep the seeds for next year. I don't do any pickling, not becuase I don't like it, I just haven't given it a shot yet,lol.
wink
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: dill - July 6th, 2005 at 11:23 PM
Oh, give it a shot...pickeling is REALLY fun!
Posted By: Elfinone Re: dill - July 7th, 2005 at 04:05 AM
I been thinkin about it this season. I am going to have a ton of dill this year. so I jsut may give it a go. it's easy ya say right?
wink
Posted By: weezie13 Re: dill - July 7th, 2005 at 09:09 PM
Doesn't Dill have to be planted in an area
in your garden, where it should be left alone???
Kinda like Rhubarb or Asparagus???
It's like a perennial? OR it re~seeds it'self,
and you shouldn't disturb where it's growing or
area/??

I had a package and was hesitant to plant it,
cause I"m low on space...

I have heard very good reviews when reading about it, its' GREAT for attracking BENEFICIALS to your garden....
Posted By: Elfinone Re: dill - July 7th, 2005 at 09:44 PM
Weezsie, it does re-seed itself and rather well to,lol. I have it in a central spot in my herb bed. I know from here on out it will always be right there. I also have learned that if you let it go to sed and a really good wind comes,lol. it will show up pretty much anywhere it lands,kinda like dandelions. so be careful if you let it go to seed. I am out there collecting seeds right when they turn.
wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]