A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: geegeeburr Planting between flagstones? - November 4th, 2005 at 02:09 PM
Hi!
I need to plant something in the cracks between the flagstones in my backyard. I have sand in there, but it doesn't stay in and makes a big mess, so I'd like to put a little dirt in and plant something, but have no idea what to plant. I heard somewhere maybe Scottish moss, but don't know where to get that, or how much it spreads? It's in a pretty shady area, and in SoCal, so no water to speak of, except where the sprinkler heads overshoot the yard.
Any suggestions?
Posted By: Longy Re: Planting between flagstones? - November 5th, 2005 at 03:17 AM
Pennyroyal may be worth considering. Smells good when you walk on it, (s'posed to keep flies and fleas away.) Likes a moist shady environment and the soil underneath the flagstones would probably retain plenty of moisture for it.
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: Planting between flagstones? - November 5th, 2005 at 12:49 PM
Hi Longy. Thanks! I'll look into that one. Any other suggestions from anyone else?
Posted By: Bill Re: Planting between flagstones? - November 5th, 2005 at 01:04 PM
Scotch Moss spreads pretty slowly and requires quite a bit of water to get it established. What about Wooly Thyme or Silver Thyme?
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]