A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Johan Kris Plant - May 22nd, 2005 at 09:03 AM
I have an Alocasia Sanderiana (Kris Plant)in a room on the western side of the house, so it gets a bit of direct sun in the afternoon. I know that this is not optimum as they prefer no direct sun, but this plant seems to be doing very well in this spot. It gets on average about 1 hour of direct sun per day, though this is partially shaded by a large cherry tree on the outside.

My question is about the flowering period of this plant. It started pushing out 2 flowers recently and it took them a very long time to form, but they then died very shortly afterwards (2 and 3 days respectively). Is it normal for these flowers to stay for such a short period of time, or did they only stay for such a short period because the plant is getting too much light? Or is there perhaps somethign else I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Johan
Posted By: DIGGER Re: Kris Plant - May 23rd, 2005 at 01:10 AM
HI wavey evrything i have read about the Alocasia Sanderiana KRIS PLANT says that they have a short blooming time.but the plants are very pretty even without the blooms.i have diffrent type than yours it also has a short blooming time as well just a few days.your friend in gardening digger wavey flw flw
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]