A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: taylor Can you help me identify this plant - August 28th, 2005 at 01:38 AM
This plant has stems similar to bamboo with the distictive circles about 12 to 18 inches apart. Stem is also hollow.
Flowers are purple coming down to a small white bell shaped flower at the end. There are also small purlple clusters of berries.

Leaves are light green broad at middle and coming to a point at the end.

Very fast growing about 10 to 12 feet high and very bushy in just two seasons
Posted By: Bids Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 28th, 2005 at 01:55 AM
Do you have any pics? It would help a bit
Posted By: taylor Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 28th, 2005 at 01:56 AM
How do I attach them ?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 28th, 2005 at 02:02 AM
Taylor,
If you go to one of these sites, *and there is other's too, just can't remember the names*....

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

It's FREE to download your pictures too....
Then you can attach the URL from the place you choose, copy and paste the URL, then click on the IMAGE botton, and insert the URL into there.
*there will be a highlighted blue http:/ thing there, either delete it or click your backspace button to get rid of it

I hope this helps..

I like Photobucket myself, very easy to use,
and we here don't have to join or become a member to view your pictures...

P/S There's some other gardener's that do use pictures alot and maybe able to help you alot better than I did, Afgreyparrot/Cindy, Loz, Meg, Jiffy, G~mom, Plants~n~Pots, Carly....tons of them know how and can give you a hand if you need it....
Posted By: taylor Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 28th, 2005 at 06:19 PM
Here are some pictures - I hope they help

http://photobucket.com/albums/a316/taylorpeter/
Posted By: Bids Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 31st, 2005 at 02:19 AM
That is really pretty but sorry have never seen it before!

WOuld also love to know what it is though?
Posted By: Gardencrazy Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 31st, 2005 at 05:36 AM
Beautiful plant! thumbup
Himalayan honeysuckle
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 31st, 2005 at 07:44 AM
That isssssss very pretty....

*****YAY Donna!!!
You have a good eye...

*****Taylor,
Thanks for sending in the pictures...
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 31st, 2005 at 08:12 PM
nice find
Posted By: taylor Re: Can you help me identify this plant - August 31st, 2005 at 10:46 PM
Thanks to all who contributed.

I have tracked it down now and find that it is a Himalayan Honeysuckle (or Elisha's Tears)

How it arrived in my garden is a mystery!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Can you help me identify this plant - September 1st, 2005 at 01:28 AM
Cool plant. Lucky you.
Posted By: suzannie Re: Can you help me identify this plant - September 1st, 2005 at 01:49 AM
Beautiful plant, and lovely flowers!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]