A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: QuincyKel Slight help with Dracaena - April 26th, 2005 at 03:57 AM
Hello everyone. I have a slight problem with a Dracaena plant that I have. (I believe that it is Dracaena marginata....magenta) After I moved last summer, I think the plant was stressed, and 2 of 4 "trunks" dies completly, (My fault I know) but the other 2 have grown back very well. I recently repotted the remaining 2, (after I was sure the plant was completly OK again) and now I am noticing droopy leaves. I do not want the same thing to happen as last time, but I don't even know what caused it! Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Slight help with Dracaena - April 26th, 2005 at 04:11 AM
wavey Welcome to the forum, QuincyKel!

I am wondering if maybe you are watering your plant too much. I have one, too, (Marginata) and I have noticed that if I don't let it dry out before I water it, that it does the wilting thing. If not that, Duh , but someone else will be along shortly to give you more "in depth" answers!

Dianna
Posted By: QuincyKel Re: Slight help with Dracaena - April 26th, 2005 at 04:37 AM
Yes, thank you. I did water it after I repotted it. Did your plant spring back up after a while?? I am a little afraid it will lose all of it's leaves.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Slight help with Dracaena - April 26th, 2005 at 05:04 AM
I am not someone that is very knowledgeable about plants, QK, all I can tell you is about my experience. I am lucky my plants have survived me! If it is that particular problem, let it dry out before you water it again. Mine did not lose her leaves. She just wilted very badly.

Transplant shock might be something else you might want to research. If I could figure out how to put links up, I would help you research it.

Anyway, I am sure someone else will be along shortly to shed some more light on the possibilities.

Dianna
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Slight help with Dracaena - April 26th, 2005 at 11:35 AM
Hi QK,

I'm a beginner and am not familiar with the plant you are having trouble with. I just wanted to say hello.
Posted By: phoenix Re: Slight help with Dracaena - April 26th, 2005 at 04:34 PM
wavey QK,
I HAVE ONE ALSO AND I REPOTTED IT A WHILE BACK I DID WATER IT AFTERWARDS AND THE LEAVES GOT A LITTLE DROOPY , BUT DON'T FEAR IT WILL COME BACK.
grinnnn
Posted By: QuincyKel Re: Slight help with Dracaena - April 26th, 2005 at 05:45 PM
Thanks guys...I feel better. I will watch out for the watering!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]