A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: AloeGrower Spearmint - September 3rd, 2005 at 09:07 AM
Please tell me everything u know about spearmint i am new to this plant.
Posted By: Triss Re: Spearmint - September 3rd, 2005 at 09:33 AM
It is fast growing and can overtake a garden. Like other mints, if you only want it in a specific place, then bury a pot with the mint inside it to keep it rootbound.
Posted By: Tamara from Minnesota Re: Spearmint - September 5th, 2005 at 09:58 AM
I have 2 in buried pots with the bottom cut out. Unfortunately they don't survive winter here very well and often I need to buy new plants. Anyway, mint is extremely invasive and I think it is not too fussy about soil.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Spearmint - October 9th, 2005 at 11:02 AM
Mint is very easy to grow...and like was already mentioned...plant it in a container...which has been placed in the ground...KEEP it trimmed back, because if it lays on the ground you will soon have more mint started..And it can get out of control in no time.

Funny story about spearmint: We bought a house and there was mint growing next to one corner of the house...Hubby said if you don't do something about that mint "I will" LOL....Well he mowed it all down, There was twice as much mint and he soon learned to listen when I said things more often.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]