A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ravinjuggalette having problems with my little avocado tree...HELP - July 11th, 2005 at 11:41 AM
I grew an avocado tree from a pit about one year ago. it has been doing well...I think. It will sprout 3-5 leaves off the top of the stalk, they will dry up and drop off, the tree will grow an inch and then repeat the process. The stem is now about 2 1/2 feet tall.

recently, the tree dropped all of it's leaves and has not replaced them. The tip of the stalk is turning black and withering off. The rest of the stalk is still bright green, though the blackness seems to be progressing down the stalk.

Help!!! What can I do to save my tree? I was so proud of the fact that I grew an avocado tree from the pit and now it's dying! Can it be saved?
It is an indoor plant, right by a window. I try not to over water and it has fertilizer pellets in the soil. Am I doing something wrong?
Posted By: mike57 Re: having problems with my little avocado tree...HELP - July 11th, 2005 at 08:25 PM
HI wavey ravinjuggalette it sounds like you might have over watered it wavey flw flw
Thanks...Do you think it can be saved?

Should I repot it, or put it outside briefly to dry out...

What can I do to save it and what should I do if it does have root rot? Thanks
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]