A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bestofour Is there such a thing as miniature zinnias? - July 4th, 2005 at 06:47 AM
The zinnia seeds I've planted this year are producing midget zinnias. They are 8-10 inches tall. These are seeds I got from afgreyparrot and that I saved myself. The plants last year were almost as tall as I am. What do you think?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Is there such a thing as miniature zinnias? - July 4th, 2005 at 11:58 AM
I would love some. Is there anything on my seed exchange list that would interest you?
Posted By: mike57 Re: Is there such a thing as miniature zinnias? - July 5th, 2005 at 08:28 PM
HI wavey Bestofour mine started bloming when they where about that small to but now there getting taller and puting on more bloomes cut off all the old dead blooms and they should cotinue to grow taller and put on lots more blooms.it works for me.never heard of a mini one.hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw flw
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Is there such a thing as miniature zinnias? - July 6th, 2005 at 05:29 AM
Thanks Mike, I'll do that. tk, do you want zinnia seeds? That's what these are supposed to be. When these go to seed I'll send you some but do you want them if they get normally big?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Is there such a thing as miniature zinnias? - July 6th, 2005 at 06:52 AM
Yes I would still love to have some. One of my neighbors seems to have a real thing for them and most of mine are getting picked before I can get seeds off of them. And I don't think I harvested them correctly. So I'm really going to need seeds next year. I think I'm going to have some portulaca available too if you like them. Mixed colors. Let me know if we can trade. I love to trade.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]