A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hinda i know i should be patient... - June 6th, 2005 at 09:34 PM
i planted some cuttings of lemone scented verbena a couplw of weeks ago and i have been caring for theem since. i know thqt gqrdening takes much aptience and i hae the patience but i would liek to know that i am watering a live plant and not simply making mud when i water teh verbenq. how long should i bewating to sees oe results?? and can i apply this rule to other thigns that i have planted? like grapes for example
thnaks hinda
Posted By: uki Re: i know i should be patient... - June 6th, 2005 at 09:49 PM
kit Good luck to you
Posted By: tkhooper Re: i know i should be patient... - June 7th, 2005 at 08:50 AM
Hi Hinda,

I am a major chicken when it comes to cuttings. So I usually wait to see. They either dry up and die like a cut flower would or they get new growth. I does take a long time. I'm usually sure I have failed and just as I am giving up it will pop up with some new growth to give me hope.

I haven't grown the same things you are trying so I don't have any specific advise.
Posted By: mike57 Re: i know i should be patient... - June 7th, 2005 at 04:27 PM
HI wavey hinda
just keep your cuttings a little moist not real wet and keep them in the shade.you should have roots start growing in abought 4 to 6 weeks.the bag methed works to you dont have to water them much that way.but i just root mine in the shade. i rub root hormone on them befor placeing them in the soil.hope this helps and good luck with your cuttings.your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw flw
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]