A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Francine lasagna bed...i think i made a booboo! - October 24th, 2005 at 12:00 PM
Hi everyone,

the other day i tried for the first time to make a lasagna bed for my veggies i want to plant in the spring,well i think i made a booboo;here s why.

i started by puting a lot of papers on the ground where i want it to be,i soaked the paper,placed some humus on it ,wet it and then i placed in between each layer some newspapers.

well can someone tell me if i did something wrong,maybe it would have been better to only place newspaper on the ground and not on each layer.

please help,

thank you.

crazy franny.
Posted By: Longy Re: lasagna bed...i think i made a booboo! - October 24th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
It'll be OK Franny. Just make sure it is damp all the way thru and the paper will rot away.
Posted By: Francine Re: lasagna bed...i think i made a booboo! - October 24th, 2005 at 12:23 PM
Hi longy,

it s been a long time and i hope you re doing well;i was certain noone would answer me at this time but there you were and thank you.

so it ll be fine,i just have to keep wet all the time and it ll pass troygh our canadian winter no problem.can i had to the pile until it freezes and what kind of soil do you recomend adding on top at this point.

thank you so much.

crazy franny. kissies
Posted By: Longy Re: lasagna bed...i think i made a booboo! - October 24th, 2005 at 12:25 PM
Yeah just keep it damp. Not saturated. Add anytime you want. If it freezes it'll just start breaking down again come spring. Add compost to the top for actually planting in.
Posted By: Francine Re: lasagna bed...i think i made a booboo! - October 24th, 2005 at 12:36 PM
Thank you very much,you re an angel.i ll keep you posted.

have a good night. zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz
Posted By: Anonymous Re: lasagna bed...i think i made a booboo! - October 24th, 2005 at 07:42 PM
thumbup so glad you asked, i am about to start a lasagna bed for my veggies!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: lasagna bed...i think i made a booboo! - November 2nd, 2005 at 12:24 AM
Remember the "chook pooh" first to kill those nasty weeds lol. I love the aussie!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]