A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: JAKE Daylily not blooming - July 27th, 2005 at 10:26 PM
Hi - maybe someone out there can give me a suggestion. Last year I planted some daylilies in a hot sunny spot of the garden and was confident they would do well there with the advice of my local garden center. Well it is now the end of July, and although the plant is healthy enough with lots of greenery, there are no blooms Duh Duh I'm a bit confused. Any ideas??
Thx - Ellen
Posted By: mike57 Re: Daylily not blooming - July 28th, 2005 at 01:56 AM
HI JAKE I see you from Calgary, Alberta zone 4 it still might to early for them to bloom in you area give them a little more time.your friend in gardening.mike57
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Daylily not blooming - July 28th, 2005 at 03:37 AM
Yep, I'm in zone 6 and mine have just started blooming this past week....so don't give up hope on them jake....

Laura
Posted By: Karrie Re: Daylily not blooming - July 28th, 2005 at 08:33 AM
I am in Zone 5b but I have had them blooming for probably 3 weeks now? Maybe I got real lucky!
Posted By: JAKE Re: Daylily not blooming - July 29th, 2005 at 01:56 AM
It sounds like I am far too impatient - thanks for the input - I'll keep waiting and see what transpires!
Thanks!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Daylily not blooming - July 29th, 2005 at 02:45 AM
wavey wavey wavey wavey
Hi ya JAKE!!! How you been doing??

Certain ones have been blooming for me about
3 weeks too... but some are just starting too..

Different colored one's at different times..

What name or color were they???
Posted By: JAKE Re: Daylily not blooming - August 2nd, 2005 at 11:39 PM
Hey Weezie - doing fine thanks! Don't remember the names of the daylilies - only that they were being remarked upon for their prolific blooming (Ha Ha) which is why I bought them. Hope they bloom soon! Is there any way perhaps that I planted them too deep therefore stunting the blooming?
Posted By: phoenix Re: Daylily not blooming - August 3rd, 2005 at 12:09 AM
Hang in there Jake,
Mine just started to bloom 2 weeks ago.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]