A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hinda Is Myrtle dead?? - May 24th, 2005 at 07:56 PM
sca i have a cliping of a myrtle that i planted (with leaves on it) , i put it inside a cup that i cut the top off of so that it would be protected from the wind (it gets windy here sometims and it looked so fragile), i wantered it twice a day and it was looking good. until we had a heat wave and the leaves suddently looked as f the y had been roasted!!! how do i know if the myrtle is dead or just needs help. i gently checked for roots and think that there nmay have been some new roots there. so i just leave it in the ground and water it and jsut wait - if so how long should i wait?? thanks so much
hinda
Posted By: DIGGER Re: Is Myrtle dead?? - May 24th, 2005 at 09:41 PM
HI wavey if it has roots just leave it.but make sure its in the shade.any cuttings that your trying to root need to be kept in the shade the hot sun will burn them up.keep it shaded and wait and see if it puts on new growth.hope this helps.good luck with it. your friend in gardening digger wavey flw flw
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Is Myrtle dead?? - May 25th, 2005 at 10:20 AM
Thanks Mike,

I think you just explained why the barberry cuttings are not doing well. I will definitely take them out of the window.
Posted By: hinda Re: Is Myrtle dead?? - May 26th, 2005 at 11:55 AM
well if that s the case .....roasted myrtle anyone???? lala
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]