A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: theatredarlin HELP! - June 6th, 2005 at 07:49 PM
I need some advice! I may have killed some of my mom's plants! I kinda forgot to water them for 2 days and some of them are looking pretty brown.....any advice? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: HELP! - June 6th, 2005 at 07:53 PM
Hi C! What kind of plants are they? Can you give us more detail about them? I'd give them a good watering early today (don't wait for tonight).
Posted By: theatredarlin Re: HELP! - June 6th, 2005 at 09:13 PM
The ones that look pretty brown and shrivelled are azeleas I believe. I have no clue what condition they were in before my mom left on Friday. Friday It rained all day but I forgot to water them on Sat and Sun. I gave them a big drink today. Thanks
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: HELP! - June 6th, 2005 at 10:58 PM
Azalea flowers will usually fall off around now, depending where you are. Here in S. Il (z6) I lost the flowers some time in the beginning of May - back in NY they would usually die off around now. Sounds like they're just going through a normal life cycle - wink The leaves should still be green, though.
Posted By: theatredarlin Re: HELP! - June 7th, 2005 at 03:57 AM
Thanks! I still think they got kinda fried-but its raining a lot now so hopefully it will be ok. I'm gonna call my mom tommorrow and hopefully clear things up-I didn't realize plants could get that dry in only 2 days. I'm not much of a gardener by trade...I mostly just help with the weeding. (; Thanks again.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: HELP! - June 7th, 2005 at 03:59 AM
Theatredarlin,
Got any pictures by any chance?????
Posted By: theatredarlin Re: HELP! - June 9th, 2005 at 07:48 PM
No pics, sorry, but I called my mom and she said it's no big thing and just to keep watering. I've been watering them-things are looking better. Thanks for your help and advice.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]