A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous cleaning african violets? - January 5th, 2005 at 12:05 AM
hola, i was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for cleaning african violet foliage. mine have become quite dusty and i'm unsure what to do. i tried lightly spraying them with warm water(it's the cold that makes them spot, no?), but that just left them sort of muddy. any ideas?
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: cleaning african violets? - January 5th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
Hello, Amy! wavey

I dust my African Violets using a feather duster. I don't think that getting the foliage wet is a good idea. It will not only cause them to have spots, but they will mildew and rot, too!

Dianna
Posted By: dgp Re: cleaning african violets? - January 5th, 2005 at 02:41 AM
I clean mine with a soft brush. I've also been known to spray them with warm soapy water but you have to be careful. Let them dry in a warm spot in your house away from the sun. Daylight (even from a north window) on wet African Violet leaves can cause burning and spotting.
Posted By: lizheaemma Re: cleaning african violets? - January 9th, 2005 at 01:10 AM
toothbrush works really well, I'm sure your husband won't mind if you use his! wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: cleaning african violets? - January 9th, 2005 at 01:41 AM
LOL, lizheaemma, i'm on it!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]