A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: adagiosk8r umbrella tree plant losing leaves - July 1st, 2005 at 10:18 PM
Please if someone can give me any idea why my umbrella plant is all of a sudden losing leaves and full branches. I can just touch some branches and the whole thing completely falls off. branches still look very healthy.
I appreciate any help
Posted By: phoenix Re: umbrella tree plant losing leaves - July 1st, 2005 at 10:24 PM
hi there adagiosk8r,
mine was doing the same thing about a year ago. i pretty much left it alone with the exception of "watching" it a little more and i noticed that it had lost 2 branches (leaves and all) but 2 new ones and started to grow, one after the other, in place of the lost ones. once the new growth had been about a couple weeks old i gave the plant some water with a little bit of liquid fertilizer and it's been fine since. occasionally it will drop 1-2 leaves but no more than that. hope my rambling was helpful LOL!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: umbrella tree plant losing leaves - July 1st, 2005 at 11:59 PM
What does an umbrella tree look like? I can't have any trees but I can still look. I love pictures.
Posted By: phoenix Re: umbrella tree plant losing leaves - July 2nd, 2005 at 12:46 AM
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/fullviewofumbrellatree.bmp[/img]
i know this is a little dark,but right now all i have to take pics with is my cell phone. this is my umbrella tree
Posted By: mike57 Re: umbrella tree plant losing leaves - July 2nd, 2005 at 12:59 AM
HI TK heres a link that shows a very large one.
http://www.mgonline.com/scheffleraf04.jpg
its a very pretty tree.

HI phoenix thats a very nice one you have growing there to very pretty.i also love your out side patio garden very nice.looks like you have quite a collection of plants.i would love to see more photos of them all.your friend in gardening.mike57
Posted By: Anonymous Re: umbrella tree plant losing leaves - July 4th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
Can you provide some additional information about your Schefflera? How much light does it get? What size pot is it in? Was it recently repotted? How do you decide when to water? Do you know what spider mites look like?

A photo would also be helpful?
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]