A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Carly Bleeding Heart - May 25th, 2005 at 09:53 PM
A guy around the corner always has a lot of pots going in his yard - one of our tenants told me he was selling bleeding heart. She went 'round there to see what she could get for our lot.

Well, it so happened three stalks of it were growing wild on the street. She brought them back.

They even had a bit of root. I looked it up - likes wet soil and shade. I put them in some water first (until I'd done some other jobs), then planted it up against the fence where I'm doing some morning glory.

(Boy was I kept busy today)

I poured the water itself in the hole first, then popped the three stalks in. Then the soil, then more water. The leaves were pouting at first, but they've picked up.

I think I've got a 'take' here.

I'm looking forward to propigating this stuff.

Pictures later.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Bleeding Heart - May 27th, 2005 at 02:31 PM
I love those plants!!!

What color was it, the pinks or the whites??

Weezie
Posted By: Elfinone Re: Bleeding Heart - June 2nd, 2005 at 11:03 PM
I have the pink ones on the left side of my deck. their feet are in constant shade but their heads are in the sun til about 2. they are huge!
I hsd planned on making sure I could thin them in aobut 2 more years as these are rather young. Then they re-decked the deck and almost killed it, luckily it was only partially dead not all the way dead. it is now half the size of it's sister plant.
They are wonderful to have around.
wink
Posted By: Carly Re: Bleeding Heart - June 19th, 2005 at 08:40 PM
They're pinkies, Weezie.

I never thought of that - leaves in sun, feet in shade.

Well, they aren't blooming anymore, but I understand they don't do it every month, so I won't bother 'em.

They seem happy there by that fence, so I'll let them be - maybe I'll do some in a hanging pot.

Sorry I was a while getting back to this post - it fell down into page 4 and I forgot it was there.

I was just looking for updates on their pictures, but I haven't taken any lately. Everything they're in, has to do with other plants and you can't really see what's doing with them.

I know the leaves go yellow at the bottom, but that will change as they grow.

I think I'll add a bit of dark soil to them - they've already had some, but they could do with more.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]