A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: mygirldutchess Transplanting shasta daisies - May 22nd, 2005 at 03:55 PM
I have shasta daisies that are just beginning to bloom but I need to move them to a different area. When is the right time to do this?
Posted By: Francine Re: Transplanting shasta daisies - May 23rd, 2005 at 07:25 AM
hi,

here s two good sites for your shasta daysies,hope you ll find what you re looking for.

1) www.aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu

2) www.perennialplant.org

Bonne chance!! Good luck!! flw
Posted By: alankhart Re: Transplanting shasta daisies - May 23rd, 2005 at 09:05 PM
The best time to transplant most perennials is either early spring when growth is just starting or fall. Since your Shasta Daisies are blooming, it is a little risky but not impossible. You should wait for a cloudy day, dig up as much of the root ball as possible and water it well after it's transplanted. It may wilt some for a day or so but should bounce back. You may also loose blooms due to transplant shock.
Posted By: BFVISION Re: Transplanting shasta daisies - May 24th, 2005 at 01:57 AM
Alan is right on muggs
I did this myself last Friday, weather was exactly as he said and I had fantastice results too. The key is to avoid the shock teech and you are home free. I love shasta daisies because they are so prolific.

Good Luck
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]