A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: plantlady19 Mealybugs!!!! - March 7th, 2005 at 07:26 PM
Well I'll be a monkey's aunt! confused I don't have whitefly larva, I have mealybugs! shocked Now what do I do? Duh
Posted By: catlover Re: Mealybugs!!!! - March 7th, 2005 at 07:58 PM
You neglected to say which plant...not sure about any ferns.

Now you can use your alcohol.... teech the stuff really smells bad for quite awhile and not good for kids or pets.
Posted By: plantlady19 Re: Mealybugs!!!! - March 10th, 2005 at 08:54 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. I was thinking about using alcohol, but I wasn't sure. And yes, they are on ferns. Boston ferns to be exact. Does that make a difference?
Posted By: catlover Re: Mealybugs!!!! - March 11th, 2005 at 12:29 AM
I've had mealy bugs on palms before but I have never had them on a boston fern....but that sure doesn't mean they don't get them. Oh boy you got your work cut out for you with all the little nooks and crannies. "IF" it were me, I would use the alcohol swab technique but test in the lower branches first just in case it does hurt them then you can just trim them out without making the plant look funky.

Good luck and be persistent!
Let us hear an update in a few weeks.
Catlover
Posted By: nritya Re: Mealybugs!!!! - August 10th, 2005 at 04:11 PM
i have some palms in my terrace, ours is tropical climate and the stalks of the plants are yellow in colour, i want to know whether it is normal or is there a disease attacking it? :rolleyes: i also see some brown spots in the leaves what do i do? sca
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]