A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Miniature Snapdragons - July 20th, 2005 at 02:34 AM
they dried up overnight. They are crunch twigs today and none of the seed pods have any seeds in them to speak of. Anyone have any idea what happened?
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 20th, 2005 at 05:45 AM
Duh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 20th, 2005 at 08:48 PM
I think your right Mary. I just worry cause I can't soak them like they should be. Definitely top of my list next month is the soaker hose. No way can I keep them watered through August if it's like it usually is here.
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 20th, 2005 at 08:50 PM
If you can put some mulch around your plants, it will help to retain moisture in the underlying soil.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 20th, 2005 at 11:48 PM
I did mulch this year, thanks to my landlord being willing to pick up 3 bags of mulch for me at the store. The only things that didn't get their fare share were the portulaca, calendrum, carnations and tomatoes. The tomatoes didn't get any because they were an emergency plant and by then I was out of mulch and the others didn't get any because I thought they didn't like mulch lol. I'm forever getting information wrong. Hopefully I get it right next year.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 21st, 2005 at 12:02 AM
I have a whole bunch of little green seed pods this time on my pink mini. Hoping I can get some seeds for you! I will watch very closely!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 21st, 2005 at 02:21 AM
Good luck. They are such shy little things. Did I send you some of the red and yellow for next year? I can't remember anything.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 21st, 2005 at 08:23 AM
Yep you did! We will be the mini snap dragon queens!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Miniature Snapdragons - July 21st, 2005 at 10:06 AM
oh if my ex-husband could see that line lol

snap dragon queens - hehehehehe

Even my sponsor would be rolling on the floor laughing at that one.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]