A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: sunnystate Need Help...Philodendron.... - June 22nd, 2005 at 06:46 PM
Hi,
New to this forum..so please somebody help. My philedenron..looks like an elephant is almost dead. Had it two years growing beautifully, they are tough plants. Anyway, one day I saw yellow leaves with brown. Now one by one they fall off. The leaves feel crunchy. I bought an organic mixture that I've used on my Hydraegas and it worked great but this philly is dying. I still get one leaf at a time growing then it goes from green to yellow with brown.
UPDATED >>>> one leaf is still there just a tab brownish on tip but no new leaf in site.
I have a bad back digging in the garden is over for me ....thankyou Sunny
Posted By: phoenix Re: Need Help...Philodendron.... - June 22nd, 2005 at 11:58 PM
how often do you water it? it may need a good soaking. mine was displaing some of the symptoms yours did, so i gave it a good thorough watering and it perked right up. hope this is helpful.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Need Help...Philodendron.... - June 23rd, 2005 at 02:25 AM
Hey Sunny, I saw you during our move,
and didnt' get a chance to PM you,
about our glitches and moving to a new server..

Just a quick question,
is your Philodendron-plant, a house plant???
I'm not too big into house plants as far as
a gardener goes, but I'm going to move your post
into THE HOUSE PLANT SECTION, I"m sure you'll
get more responses for that type of plant there..

Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way!!!
Glad you found us!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Need Help...Philodendron.... - June 23rd, 2005 at 02:28 AM
Sunny,
I changed the name of your post too,
just so you know, so when a gardener came
thru, they'd know what plant flw you were referring crit to.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]