A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: nadagardener pussy willows - September 4th, 2005 at 01:21 AM
I planted a few pussy willow branches a couple years ago and I now have a big bush! I did start to prune it back this summer after finding how to on the internet. But now I see a lot of brown bumps on the underside of the leaves. What is it and how do I get rid of it? Hubby is mad frown and wants to cut it down but I like my pussy willow!! Help!!!
Posted By: BFVISION Re: pussy willows - September 5th, 2005 at 09:26 AM
nada,

What do you mean about learning how to prune it?
Posted By: nadagardener Re: pussy willows - September 6th, 2005 at 06:43 AM
BFVISION:
By pruning, I meant cutting it back to remain a smaller bush rather than letting it get huge. The bumps on the leaves are more of a pinkish than brown, now that I looked more closely at it today... Do you know what it is??
Posted By: BFVISION Re: pussy willows - September 6th, 2005 at 07:06 AM
Nada,
This is my first year with two pussy willows and the Japanese beetles did a number on me. Fact is they are still hitting them daily despite my best efforts. It sounds like a fungus of some type. I would wait for some advice here because if it exists someone will come to your aid. Try to bring a specimen to the local nursery for further analysis. Some web sites specialize in specific diseases that commonly effect certain plants.
Good Luck
Posted By: weezie13 Re: pussy willows - September 6th, 2005 at 07:15 AM
Hey Welcome Fellow New Yorker, Nadagardener!!!

You wouldn't have a picture of the
bumps would you???
Posted By: nadagardener Re: pussy willows - September 10th, 2005 at 03:59 AM
BFVision and Weezie:
No, I don't have a photo at this time. Thanks for the suggestion to take a sample to a local nursery - think I'll try that. smile
Nadagardener
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]