A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Lily789 Sowing Carnation seeds (question) - February 28th, 2005 at 01:50 AM
Do you need to give carnation seeds a cold period (like in the refigerator or something) before you sow them? Also, do they need light or dark to germinate? Thanks for any info on that...this year I'm deciding to try sowing something new--carnations.
wink
Posted By: catlover Re: Sowing Carnation seeds (question) - April 7th, 2005 at 04:00 PM
I know this is an older post but would anyone like to help answer this question?
Duh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Sowing Carnation seeds (question) - April 7th, 2005 at 04:31 PM
I wish I could.

I've tried seeds indoors and out, and even buying the mature plants and putting them in the garden. I haven't had any luck so far.
Posted By: mike57 Re: Sowing Carnation seeds (question) - April 8th, 2005 at 07:46 AM
HI wavey ALL i think i can help you with this one carnation seeds do not require cold.heres a site that i found for you.
http://www.egmontseeds.co.nz/tips5.htm

it give germanation times and requirments on seeds.hope this helps.your friend in gardeing.mike57 wavey flw flw
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]