A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Karrie gerber daiseys - June 25th, 2005 at 05:02 AM
Hello I purchased 3 gerber daiseys and planted them in cute little metal buckets one of the 3 has bloomed wonderfuly and currently has 7 large colorful beautiful flowers on it and is growing out of the bucket. The other 2 however just plain green leaves no flowers no stems no buds since the original blooms. Any one have any ideas of what to do to get blooms?
Posted By: njoynit Re: gerber daiseys - June 25th, 2005 at 05:15 AM
fertilizeing will keep them blooming well& also when it gets real hot like TX hot july/aug.mine usually don't bloom then& also bloom in cooler weather better.they are perienals,but are frost tender and a freeze will kill your plant in Indiana(I use to live Indpls)you can bring indoors durring the winter.They do produce seed.seed is best done fresh and needs light to germinate and are low on germination.they do best when temps are about 70-75.

The one in the bucket...you can put into a larger bucket...or split the plant and divide it between the buckets.
Posted By: Karrie Re: gerber daiseys - June 25th, 2005 at 06:46 AM
I fertalize with miracle grow weekly. I just cant seem to get those 2 to bloom. Untill this week it has been real comfortable here in indy. I also water in the morning and in the evening before bed. I am thinking of replaceing these 2 because I use those pots as decorations for my patio and its just green bush in them now. On the plus side the the leaves are full and healthy, but no blooms. Thanks for the advice njoynit!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]