A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: dishmanlady What do I do with poppy seed heads - May 21st, 2005 at 04:26 PM
I've been working with my hubby lately, and as he is a swimming pool repairman, I've seen a lot of yards in full bloom recently. One in particular has these huge poppies growing all around with big seed heads, and as the customer wasn't home to ask, angell )
I sat down this morning and cut one open just to see what it looked like in there, and sure enough, it's crammed full of seeds. They're all kinda white and still "wet" (not dry yet).
Question is what do I do with them now? How long will it take them to dry out and when (what time of year) do I plant them? Do I sow them directly or start them in trays and then set them out?
I have no clue as to what kind of poppy they are...just that the plants I robbed are about 3-3 1/2 ft. tall, and the flowers are red with purple centers. This is the first year I've ever seen these things growing around here, and have since spotted them in 2 other customer yards, but there's been nobody around to ask about them. I need any and all help you can offer.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: What do I do with poppy seed heads - November 3rd, 2005 at 01:11 AM
Hey Dishmanlady,
What did you ever do with your seeds???
Just curious???
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]