A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Barbara O Chipmunks and moles - August 1st, 2005 at 01:11 AM
I have read about a product called castor oil granules or camphor granules to chase away the chipmunks and moles. Where can I buy these granules? First the J beetles, then the moles, then the skunks.
Posted By: The Plant Doc Re: Chipmunks and moles - August 1st, 2005 at 09:22 AM
Barb, At 1st I heard that this was going to be the best thing since white bread! Then I heard that it was just another gimmick. I still have not heard from anyone who has actually used this stuff, and I would be very interested in hearing of some 1st hand experiences myself.
I have not seen it on the market yet out here in Cheeseland, but I have been looking for it.
Posted By: ninniwinky Re: Chipmunks and moles - August 1st, 2005 at 08:33 PM
my grandmother uses moth balls. She swears by it....

ninni
Posted By: BFVISION Re: Chipmunks and moles - August 14th, 2005 at 02:17 AM
Best gimmick I ever heard was wrigley chewing gum in the tunnels. Embarrassed to say I was so desperate I tried it.

The moles need food and grubs and earth worms are tops on their menu. Get rid of the grubs and generally the moles move on.
Posted By: thebearswoman Re: Chipmunks and moles - August 16th, 2005 at 07:51 PM
The thing about chewing gum is an old wives tale. Moles are carnivorous and eat only meat which they find in the form of insects & larva & earthworms. They will not try to eat the gum.
Posted By: Daiquiri Re: Chipmunks and moles - November 11th, 2005 at 03:04 AM
How do I get rid of these pesty moles? I have a new house and 3 acres of land, every where I look I see moles! Where do I begin? I need to start planting grass etc... soon!
Please Help.
I live in zone 6 Chesapeake Virginia
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]