A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: chefbud hello...ready to devide and conquer - July 24th, 2005 at 05:09 PM
hello...

When I'm planning on deviding perenials, whens the best time. I'm starting with iris now...how about early spring bloomers?

thanks
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: hello...ready to devide and conquer - July 25th, 2005 at 06:28 AM
Hi! wavey
I don't know the answer to this question, but wanted to stop in and welcome you to the forum.

I move my irises and everything else around all the time...doesn't ever matter to me what time of year it is...and they always do fine.
Maybe I'm just lucky??? Duh

One of the hostesses will probably move your question down into a different forum where more (with some knowledge) will see it and reply to it.

Nice to meet you!

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: hello...ready to devide and conquer - July 25th, 2005 at 09:57 AM
Yep, I'll move this down to the plants and flowers topic where you will get more responses.....

Glad to have you here with us all!

Laura
Posted By: LMT Re: hello...ready to devide and conquer - July 25th, 2005 at 10:58 PM
Generally spring and fall (cooler weather). Some prefer fall, others perfer springs. For Iris, the link below suggests a month or two after bloom.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1240.html
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]