A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: love2garden mixing daylily colors - July 13th, 2005 at 05:44 AM
I have recently purchased several different colored daylilies. I was getting ready to plant them when my neighbor told me that he had read in a magazine that you shouldn't plant different colors together. He said that one color would take over and they would all eventually be one color. I am kind of new at daylilies so I thought I would ask some professionals flw
Posted By: gardengal Re: mixing daylily colors - July 14th, 2005 at 02:48 AM
I've never heard that one before. I have a couple of different varieties of daylillies in pots, haven't planted them yet since we just moved. My dad has many types around his house and grove. I don't think he's experienced that... I'll ask and get back to you. Maybe someone else knows....
Posted By: Gardencrazy Re: mixing daylily colors - July 14th, 2005 at 03:10 AM
Howdy! love2garden wavey Welcome to the forum!

I have several daylilies and about the only ones I have trouble with are the hemerocallis fulva (wild/tawny/railroad daylily). They will crowd out any varieties that are planted close to them. All of my others seem to be rather well behaved next to each other.

Donna flw
Posted By: love2garden Re: mixing daylily colors - July 14th, 2005 at 06:57 AM
Thanks so much for the help. wavey I am ready to do some major planting. I think all of the colors will turn out beautiful! kit
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]