A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: frustratedattimes Deer and Elk resistant plants needed. - September 8th, 2004 at 02:30 AM
Since I have been asked to design and implement the landscaping for my brother's new house, I am asking for all your help. grinnnn
The house will be just north and east of Longview, Wash. but not quite to the Toutle River. It is a Zone 7? but with an eleveation of over 2,000 ft. idea

Thanks everybody in advance.
Posted By: Bill Re: Deer and Elk resistant plants needed. - September 8th, 2004 at 02:52 AM
At 2000 ft. elevation, the location may be in zone 6... Duh

www.thegardenhelper.com/deer.html
Posted By: frustratedattimes Re: Deer and Elk resistant plants needed. - September 8th, 2004 at 04:03 AM
Thanks Bill,

I was thinking that, but was hoping someone else would confirm it. muggs
Thanks also for the link, it will be very helpful.

John
Posted By: catlover Re: Deer and Elk resistant plants needed. - September 11th, 2004 at 02:49 AM
Hi John....I live in Zone 9 so not much help here but I did receive this today and thought of you. This was sent from White Flower Farms (catalog company)...
Daffodils are the first large flowers of spring. Deer-resistant, vole-resistant,
drought-tolerant, hardy, long-lived, quick to increase, these bulbs are as close to
foolproof as a plant can be--and this is the only time of year to get them.

Duh
Very short lived but absolutely beautiful....they make very nice cuttings kit
Posted By: frustratedattimes Re: Deer and Elk resistant plants needed. - September 11th, 2004 at 06:09 AM
Thanks Catlover, will add those to my list of plants.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]