A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Magie adiantum tenerum maidenhairSilver Dollar - January 12th, 2004 at 08:46 PM
Fellow Gardeners: Does anyone know how to grow this plant successfully?? When I bought this plant it was lush and full. It is now almost dead and I would like to save it. I keep it moderatly moist with very good humidity and good light.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Posted By: barleychown Re: adiantum tenerum maidenhairSilver Dollar - January 13th, 2004 at 01:29 AM
I, personally, don't have any ferns, but I did find this link for you...
Duh
Posted By: barleychown Re: adiantum tenerum maidenhairSilver Dollar - January 13th, 2004 at 01:35 AM
This one is a little easier to understand (at least it is for me grinnnn ).....

http://www.denverplants.com/foliage/html/frnmaid.htm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: adiantum tenerum maidenhairSilver Dollar - January 15th, 2004 at 02:56 AM
All of the Adiantums or maidenhair ferns are very fragile plants. They don't like their roots disturbed. They don't like their fronds touched. They do not tolerate dry air or dry soil at all. They don't like hard water. And temps below 65 degrees will also bring on their demise. Even an occasional lapse will trigger a rapid decline.

In the home, the Adiantums do best when placed in a terrarium where the air and soil moisture can be kept constantly moist.
Posted By: Magie Re: adiantum tenerum maidenhairSilver Dollar - January 15th, 2004 at 08:07 PM
To gardener barleychown: the link you suggested was right on as the plant was originaly from this grower. Thanks so much!
Posted By: gardengal Re: adiantum tenerum maidenhairSilver Dollar - January 16th, 2004 at 12:11 AM
No wonder I've never been able to keep a maidenhair fern alive, they are extremely fragile and picky. frown Don't let your cat fall in love with it, then its a sure goner. kit dev
Posted By: barleychown Re: adiantum tenerum maidenhairSilver Dollar - January 16th, 2004 at 12:14 AM
You are very welcome! Good luck wit your plant! thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]