A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: evol420 worried about potted tomato plants - August 14th, 2004 at 09:03 PM
my tomato plants are in large pots in my back yard. the weather here is extremely hot as of late and i water twice per day, once in the early morning and once in the evening.they were very healthy plants up to about one month ago when from the center of the tomato cages one of the main, thick stems with fruit already on it started turning yellow and drying up. i lost three nice tomatoes on that branch alone. now the problem seems to be spreading to the outer branches.also there are a lot of small holes on some of the leaves,i don't think this has anything to do with the main problem but i could be wrong. ANY help or words of advice would be greatly appreciated, THANKS ALL
Posted By: Newt Re: worried about potted tomato plants - August 16th, 2004 at 07:26 PM
Hi Evol,
I think that the holes in the leaves are because the plant is stressed and that will attract bugs. Take a look at this site to see if you can id the problem. If you need more help, let us know.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/tomatoproblemsolver/index.html

Newt
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]