A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: BellaTrotta Small worms on the soil of my housplant! - December 11th, 2004 at 08:47 AM
I have recently discovered a brigade of worms about half an inch to an inch long on the topsoil of my houseplant. I sucked up about 30 with my vacuum cleaner (I didn't know what else to do) but about another 30 have reappeared within about 2 hours. Will they damage my plant? Are they safe to have in the home? How do I get rid of them if need be? Will they venture out beyond the plant??? I have pictures of the little buggers but I don't know how to get it on here. PLEASE HELP! They are reddish brown with segmented bodies and many white legs.
Posted By: plantgirl Re: Small worms on the soil of my housplant! - December 21st, 2004 at 08:14 AM
I reccomend searching for worms where you can search all the previous postings. I posted a thing about the very same worms a while back and got a great reply. I think they said the worms were a sign of overwatering because they were eating the dead roots or something like that.

Good luck
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]