A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wally Prayer plant getting lazy - November 26th, 2003 at 02:07 PM
Good day everyone.
I've got a Prayer plant that has turned into a bush of sorts and I don't know what to do with it. It does'nt close up at night any more and it's leaves are turning brown at the ends. It needs a new pot too but I don't want to do that if it's only going to die!
Can I cut this plant back or is it a gonner?
Thanks and have a good day,
Wally. thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer plant getting lazy - November 26th, 2003 at 05:30 PM
wally, i am by no means an expert, but this is what we did with the one in the next office. we cut it back (and used the cuttings to make more plants, rooted them in water) and moved it to a very sunny location. didn't repot it as the cut back was enough to make it wake up! that thing is gorgeous now! good luck.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Prayer plant getting lazy - December 8th, 2003 at 06:48 AM
I use to have one of these plants years ago sure would like another one...have you had yours bloom ever?I just love the bloom
sounds like you need to re pot it.hows it do when you water?run right through? you can unpot trim roots& re pot or divide it.other thing that would cause leaf tip browning would think of the water useing the chemicals added to it supposedly for our health.try letting water set overnight so chemicals evaporate
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]