A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: njoynit found tomato seedling growing - October 20th, 2003 at 05:34 PM
ok was cleaning leafs off tarp over pool.found a tomato plant growing(I like to float in pool eating tomatos sprinkled with ranch powder your suppose to use to make dip with) i guess a seed landed on ground and it grew.its about 6 inches tall.whatcha think about growing it indoors for our brief winter in a container?some days durring winter we actually get up in the 60s as a average.If i set in front of window in livingroom can give it indoor sun for 3 hours in morning and can move to bathroom(till add other 2 rooms on then will be no window there) for full sun rest of day till about 3ish
and is no telling what KIND it is cause I get from store and that farmer sitting on side of road some days.he has good water melons though best ever ate
Posted By: weezie13 Re: found tomato seedling growing - October 20th, 2003 at 06:50 PM
Hey njoynit,
How long are your winters?
I'd say try it, can't hurt....
They tomato plant sends roots out of
the stem, so, just for sh*ts and giggles,
repot, once a month to just a little bit
larger pot, place it in a little deeper each time, and, if you have winter 3 or 4 months,
I would think that would give it time to just
grow enough, and deep enough to get a huge root system on it.. to plant it out come your spring.
Can't hurt.
Let us know if it works????
Weezie
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]