A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: reba Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 13th, 2006 at 01:38 AM
I make most things from scratch and the breadcrumb topping I use on things like macaroni&cheese or tuna casserole makes people crazy.I run stale bread and an onion and a green pepper thru the food processor till it's crumbs.It seems to subtley alter the flavor of the entire dish when baked on top.I'm new to the forum and I looove to cook!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 13th, 2006 at 01:46 AM
I never thought of that for a topping!
That sounds good! thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 13th, 2006 at 01:52 AM
I like to use melted butter with crushed Ritz crackers for crumb topping for Mac & cheese! My kids like boxed over homemade. :p :rolleyes:
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 13th, 2006 at 03:29 AM
I like to use melted butter with crushed Ritz crackers for crumb topping for Mac & cheese!
YUM! I use that on broccoli casserole but I never tried that on mac and cheese. It sounds good!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 13th, 2006 at 03:33 AM
I used parmesian and herb flavored croutons ( crushed and dotted with butter) on tuna cassarole, and baked chicken and noodles cassorole
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 14th, 2006 at 10:29 AM
Crushed Potato Chips on top hashbrowns and cheese..w/sour cream and can of mushroom soup..

And we cool lovvvvve gab recipes crit ...

Welcome Aboard Reba...
Posted By: Triss Re: Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 14th, 2006 at 10:35 AM
Hi there Reba and welcome. We all love tlaking food, that is for sure.

Adding parmesean cheese to the creadcrumb topping is also yummy! Top the entire thing with a load of cheddar cheese and you are good to go!
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley Re: Mystery Ingredient for crumb topping - November 30th, 2006 at 02:59 AM
OMG WEEZIE!!!!!
I'm comin to your house for breakfast!!!!!
be there in a minute.don't take that long to cross the country, right???

lmao. that sounds soooo goood. there goes my diet!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]