A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Tonya Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 22nd, 2006 at 04:44 AM
Summer wants to make peanut butter cookies for Santa....anyone have a simple, good recipe for them??
Posted By: comfrey Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 22nd, 2006 at 04:54 AM
Peanut Butter Cookies

Cream:
1 cup sugar
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup shortening

Add:
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together. Roll into small balls & press with a floured fork to make a criss cross on top. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 325-350 degrees.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 22nd, 2006 at 05:19 AM
I just found this one on Cooks.com if you know of anyone who cannot have gluten...

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg

Mix well and roll into small balls. Place on ungreased, parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Cookies are done when they are light brown and a little shiny in the middle. Let cool.

Yields 2 dozen 2 inch round cookies
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 22nd, 2006 at 05:21 AM
Tonya, You could do what I do.....dip your spoon in the peanut butter jar and then stick it straight in your mouth...... laugh laugh Clean up sure is easy with this one. p Here is the simple recipe.

1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 1/3 cups baking sugar replacement (recommended: Splenda)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar replacement, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar replacement to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar replacement. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 22nd, 2006 at 06:07 AM
Here's a recipe for Bill's Peanut Butter Balls .
Posted By: Tonya Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 22nd, 2006 at 08:03 PM
I made the recipe I posted last night with Summer and it is REALLY good! grinnnn and easy! I only baked them for about 8-10 minutes, tho....Doug couldn't believe there was no flour involved.

Cindy- I almost read your post WAY wrong! shocked laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 23rd, 2006 at 07:35 AM
Cindy- I almost read your post WAY wrong! shocked laugh
...and I almost made it sound WAY wrong! wink shk
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 23rd, 2006 at 08:01 AM
I couldn't post what I started to when I read that wrong... angell

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe - December 23rd, 2006 at 11:17 AM
the one i use is 2 cups bisquick, 1 can eagle brand, 3/4 c peanut butter, and a teaspon vanilla (optional in my house laugh laugh )

make into balls, roll in suger, flatten with fork, bake 6-9 minutes.

and cindy, no comment p
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]