A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 01:35 AM
I made this for Valentines Day and it was a big hit! Very yummy and easy!

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/8 cup of Parsley
1 stick of melted butter
1 tbs of Oregano
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 container of mushrooms, I prefer the presliced, prewashed kind.
Cheddar Cheese....I used one pack of the shredded kind.

Combine Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper in a Bowl.

Butterfly the chicken breast open.

Dip in butter inside and out.

Dip in Parmesan mixture inside and out.

Stuff the centers with mushrooms and cheddar cheese.(save enough to sprinkle on top of the chicken)

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for at least 50 minutes...mine were thick so I did it for 1:10.

flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 01:42 AM
sounds YUMMY!!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 02:18 AM
This sounds very good loz! I will definitely be making these! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 03:03 AM
Well, I AM a cheeseoholic, and I LOVE mushrooms...so these will be on our menu a lot from now on. thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 03:07 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm,Yummy;-) this I will try, Thanks Loz.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 04:05 PM
Lozzie...this sounds so good!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 05:39 PM
Mom calls me Lozzie. laugh thumbup laugh

It's really great, if anyone tries it let me know.....I'm telling you, just the smell of it cooking is worth it. And it's nice and easy just the way I like it....hardest part was cutting the breasts open without cutting my fingers off. laugh
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 05:41 PM
We love cheese and mushrooms at our house too so I am sure these will be a big hit! I think I will take some chicken out of the freezer tonight and make these tomorrow! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 05:48 PM
thumbup thumbup

One of my best friends hates mushrooms! shk That's so weird to me because I love them so much. laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 15th, 2007 at 06:12 PM
laugh laugh laugh Dunno why i did!!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 21st, 2007 at 08:01 PM
oooh
Tina just told me she's making this tonight so I had to come see. Sounds easy enough. And yummy.
thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 22nd, 2007 at 12:10 AM
It sure does. I need to try this one as well!
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 22nd, 2007 at 01:34 AM
I made this tonight. It is really good. But also really rich. The old man and I were only good for a half of a breast each. Very filling.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 22nd, 2007 at 10:54 PM
thumbup Yep, they are very filling all stuffed up like that! Glad you tried them, Jessica made them a few days ago too. muggs
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 22nd, 2007 at 10:58 PM
That and the cheeses are fairly salty on their own. I wouldn't have needed to add any.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 22nd, 2007 at 11:01 PM
Yeh, I agree....I thought they were a tad salty myself and I said that to my family but they thought they were fine...I don't like too much salt and next time I'd skip it too. thumbup
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Mushroom and Cheddar Chicken Breasts! - February 23rd, 2007 at 03:53 PM
I made these the other night and we all thought they were excellent! thumbup I would definitely make them again!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]