A Tropical Sunset Angel's Trumpet:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And a woodpecker carving his mark on my neighbor's coconut tree:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Have a great day!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Garden views this morning - March 18th, 2007 at 03:11 PM
Those are AWESOME pictures..
So close up and clear!!!!

(doesn't all those holes, kill the tree?)
Posted By: badplanter Re: Garden views this morning - March 18th, 2007 at 04:03 PM
Very cool pictures! Duh
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Garden views this morning - March 18th, 2007 at 04:50 PM
Amazing!!! Way to go Rite!
I have the same woodpecker over here on the west coast, but instead of the red head, over here the wings are lightly covered with red.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Garden views this morning - March 18th, 2007 at 04:50 PM
Great shot of a female yellow bellied sapsucker!
Those flowers are gorgeous!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Garden views this morning - March 18th, 2007 at 04:58 PM
OMG The angel trumpet is awesome!!! thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Garden views this morning - March 18th, 2007 at 07:14 PM
Beautiful pictures! The hummer looks so neat!

BTW, I'm going to start the mimosa seeds that you sent me tomorrow!!!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Garden views this morning - March 18th, 2007 at 09:57 PM
Those are gorgeous pictures!!! Thank you for sharing with us thumbup
Posted By: sibyl Re: Garden views this morning - March 19th, 2007 at 04:15 AM
thumbup beauitful pic!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Garden views this morning - March 19th, 2007 at 07:09 AM
Wow, those are some awesome pictures, Rita! Duh
Posted By: Joni_P Re: Garden views this morning - March 19th, 2007 at 12:52 PM
great shots ~ you must have a good zoom laugh I do too smile
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden views this morning - March 19th, 2007 at 12:54 PM
Awsome pics!!!!
Posted By: Rite2u Re: Garden views this morning - March 20th, 2007 at 12:00 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone.
To answer your questions.
I have a Canon G3 digital camera with a digital zoom lens and I love it. Garden and nature shots seem to be what it's made of...although it can do a whole lot more.

I stand corrected. That is a yellow-bellied sapsucker and not a woodpecker (although pictures of the two birds look amazingly alike). The sapsucker does the bit with the wholes in a straight line. I understand that it does not hurt the tree. Some of those wholes are old.

The sapsuckers migrate here in the winter and will likely be moving on soon...The pecking noise in the early morning air is what made me immediately think woodpecker. And I raced inside to get my camera. I'm waiting to see my cardinal friends again and a yellow bird that I can't seem to get a picture of to ID.

Kennyso, I germinated my mimosa and have little 2-inch seedlings. Waiting to figure out where to put them.

Rite
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: Garden views this morning - March 21st, 2007 at 09:03 AM
Rite2u....

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!... flw
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]