A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: BFVISION MOSSY ROCK - March 10th, 2007 at 01:27 AM
I recently saw a few beautiful boulders with the green moss growing on them. Is there a way to cultivate that on my own?
Posted By: webwise Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 10th, 2007 at 07:01 AM
There is an old trick used by antique dealers for making statues, bird baths etc. look old. It is called a yogurt bath. You needn't literally bathe the item where you want moss, just paint it thickly with plain yogurt. If you can't get plain (though I have never tried any other) I would imagine fruit yogurt would do it. And - no - this is NOT a joke. It works. teech wink
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 10th, 2007 at 07:04 PM
I've seen that suggestion in magazines too...works well!
Posted By: ms.tmac Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 14th, 2007 at 09:31 PM
I've seen this idea too, on the Discovery channel on the show called Myth Busters. It's true.
Posted By: dirt in my diamonds Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 15th, 2007 at 12:01 AM
I'm so excited about this! I just LOVE moss!!! What a great idea!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 15th, 2007 at 05:10 PM
Let us know how you do...another one to use is if you have some milk that has gone bad....use an old rag or brush and put that on too....saw that in a magazine up here.
Posted By: webwise Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 15th, 2007 at 05:39 PM
Never heard that one penny but it is logical. Just one thing. I don't know if pasteurized yogurt works. I've always used the genuine Greek stuff.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 16th, 2007 at 02:06 PM
I think that any yogurt would work....i know what happens to mine if they get shoved to the back of the fridge and you forget that they are there shocked laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: webwise Re: MOSSY ROCK - March 16th, 2007 at 02:47 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]