A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Michael15r A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 12th, 2007 at 10:05 PM
Well today in my pots I'm starting to see life appear above the soil now! I'm happy to say this is not even the beginning! Since these pots I have going currently are just going to the front for show-off Enjoyment!
[Linked Image]
I still will not be planting my sunflowers in my garden just yet. Not until another 5 weeks?
I plant to start sowing seeds in my little bio-dome by march 12th or so. So they will be ready to be planted on The FIRST DAY OF SPRING as a celebration!
[Linked Image]

My garden is just waiting for the warm weather....
[Linked Image]

i've edited out broken links jiffymosue
Posted By: Triss Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 12th, 2007 at 10:32 PM
Glad you started this back up. I am looking forward to seeing your gardens grow again this year!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 13th, 2007 at 01:12 AM
Yep Me too!! thumbup clp
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 13th, 2007 at 05:21 AM
thumbup your garden looks so neat and planed out! just need spring to get here!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 13th, 2007 at 05:24 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments! They keep me motivated into keep preparing for the summer ahead!
I'd like to see everyone please do as soon as your first sunflower appears, PLEASE do post it here and share it all with us!

I'd also love to see others create a garden journal just like I have. I love to see what people go in their hand in mind. angell
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 13th, 2007 at 02:30 PM
Cant wait to see more Michael....keep em coming!!!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 14th, 2007 at 01:12 AM
Thank you Penny!!

Just wanted to show everyone once again a small little update on my currently sprouting sunflowers!!
They are Paul Bunyans which will be planted in the front side of my house. I think I will plant these on Monday morning...
Aren't they beautiful!!??

More sprout showed up today!? Which is odd, because the high was only 58 degrees with partly to mostly cloudy skies.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

NOTICE:
MICHAEL needs YOUR Help! eek
My Geranium seems to be dying and at a raceful rate!!
I need some advice. Should I cut it to the bottom now so new sprouts will occur? Because I'm starting to see mold show. Additionally the stems are starting to get soft and squishy. The bottom seems to be still rough. should I just cut it to were it seems to be alive?
Pictures....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks!
Posted By: Triss Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 14th, 2007 at 04:43 AM
Michael, I would cut the stems down just a lil bit below where they all start to look healthy again. I sure hope it comes back for you!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 14th, 2007 at 04:50 AM
Thank you Triss, I'll have to get on this as soon as possible. This was all due to the very freezing weather we had here in california. It was horrible I TELL YA.
Posted By: Triss Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 14th, 2007 at 04:56 AM
I know it was and I really hope you can save a bunch.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 14th, 2007 at 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Triss:
Michael, I would cut the stems down just a lil bit below where they all start to look healthy again. I sure hope it comes back for you!
Yep That's what I would do!!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 17th, 2007 at 11:33 PM
Well hello there all!

I got an update to share with all!

I took these pictures around 7 in the morning as I was ready to plant. I had over 12 seedlings ready to be planted in the ground.
Here are the photos.
My sunflowers are looking very healthy!
[Linked Image]

...And this is where they will be planted.
For more Close ups, please turn into my page. Thanks
[Linked Image]

enjoy!
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 19th, 2007 at 08:21 PM
they look great! are you gonna be able to see them out the windows when their grown? i always wanted to do that, so when ya look out your window the flowers are right there.
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 20th, 2007 at 03:59 AM
Your sunflower sprouts look great..very healthy!!! This is going to be my first year growing sunflowers, I have chosen Velvet Queen, it says on the package to sow the seed 1/2 inch deep. How deep did you plant your seeds? How many days did it take for yours to germinate (sprout)? How soon should I start them? My plant out date (frost free) is not until around May 1st.
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 20th, 2007 at 05:28 PM
muggs there so buitiful!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 20th, 2007 at 06:11 PM
What a great spot to plant them Michael....last thing you see as your heading out and first thing you see once you get back thumbup flw flw flw flw
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 02:15 AM
sibyl - Yes, I will be able to view them through my window and of course my moms window too!
First window is my window. Second is my mother's.

comfrey - Thank you! Those Velvet sunflowers are wonderful!
I can't wait to see what you can do!
This will be my first year growing Velvet Sunflowers as well! Thanks to Rite2u ! ! I wonder where she is??? ters

I planted mines in pots at 1/2 deep, same as you. It only took my sprouts about a week!
Since you may still be getting some freezing, I guess I'd wait... Isn't your growing season longer than mines??
My end date of frost is March 25th...

Penny - Yes it surely will be! Thanks!!

Here are my sprouts in the front, Just wanted to show everyone.

[Linked Image]
You are seeing NINE in this row... At 2ft apart. They are Paul Bunyan sunflowers, white seeds and grow to 12-15ft tall...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 02:51 AM
Your seedlings look great Michael!!!!

Yes my end of frost is April 30, but I wait until May 1st to plant...So I should start my seeds about a week or so before I want to plant them out???

This is going to be fun, since several people are growing Velvet Queen, I hope they do well for me. I am planting mine on the inside of the garden along the fence.
Posted By: Triss Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 03:31 AM
Oh how exciting, plants in the ground!! Looking so forward to watching these lil seedlings grow and grow and grow!!!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 03:38 AM
Confrey - Thanks!! I'm excited !
Yes, you can do that. Just like what i will be doing. I plan on planting all my sunflowers seedlings in my garden right around March 25th. Doing so I am going to start a week ahead and plant them in pots. You can do the same and get ready and and enjoy as they pop their heads out.

This will be a fun year! Please do post your pictures when they come available!!

Triss - Exciting??....I need to show you my garden. I got common sunflowers sprouting everywhere already!!! It's so much fun to see how spring is NEAR!!
My grass is turning greening as you can see!
Posted By: Triss Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 03:42 AM
That is just great Michael. I just get such a smile everytime I read all you are doing in your yard and it looks great!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 03:46 AM
Awww, Triss, you are too kind! I feel embarressed now. shocked
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 02:07 PM
How cute,, the seedlings look nice and healthy!!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 05:15 PM
thats so awsome seeing seedlings in the ground!!!!great pics michale! makes me want spring NOW! laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sibyl:
thats so awsome seeing seedlings in the ground!!!!great pics michale! makes me want spring NOW! laugh
thumbup thumbup thumbup
I second that!!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 05:27 PM
thumbup flw flw flw flw
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 21st, 2007 at 11:01 PM
How exciting!!!! I have to figure out a spot to plant my seeds you sent!! I have such a small yard but I'm determined to get some going!!!! Micheal did you say you just put in small pots to start first????????????
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 22nd, 2007 at 05:59 AM
Penny - Thanks! They defentally do!

sibyl - You know I can't wait to show you my garden! I got seedlings popping up everywhere!!! Yes Spring is here!

angelblossom - We'll if your soil is warming up then you can pop them into the ground. Just remember the snails and slugs LOVE THESE! I have to always use bait to get these sluggy things out of my way!

I'm planting them in pots, but in paper towels first. I moisten the towel leave them in there. Until the first sprout comes out. Then I know that thr seedling is determine to grow fast and will be your strongest! then second and third and so for. I always like to plant the first sprouts in my paper towel into a pot and watch them come out of the soil. As soon as that happens then I wait until I'm starting to see the second set of two leaves occur, then its time to plant into the soil. I usually also fertilize them with Algro-Flash also while they are springing up. Just gives them a much more healthy friendly boost. By the way it doesn't hurt the tender seedling.
Posted By: Carly Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 22nd, 2007 at 12:20 PM
I just broke up a buncha dried sunflower centres and put them in two pots - all pray to the goddess of SS.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 23rd, 2007 at 02:09 AM
Thanks Michael!!!

Carly I'll be praying for the both of us!!! lala laugh laugh
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 24th, 2007 at 07:12 PM
Carly - Lets hope for the best.

AngelBlossom - Anytime!! smile

Alrightly, here is a small update on my garden currently. On a cloudy note, and cool 53 degrees my garden is now starting to lighten up!
In the distance do you see anything green??
Check out my website for a closer look. Enjoy!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - February 26th, 2007 at 04:20 AM
looks great!!i love how you have that walkway between the two beds!
53 degrees! lucky you!
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 1st, 2007 at 02:30 AM
Michael...How long is your growing area?
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 1st, 2007 at 03:55 AM
sibyl - Thanks! Glad you are liking!, will post new pictures tomorrow, in front and in the garden.

Confrey - Until September at least. Thats when my first frost enters... Ohhh! I don't want to think that far or it will swing on by!

I'd like to try and grow some of these interesting Wonder Egg Plants you have going... smile
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 2nd, 2007 at 03:20 AM
An update that will surely surprise all....
_____-----__________-----____________-----____________

This is my garden currently. Still looks the same doesn't it?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Think Again.... p

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 2nd, 2007 at 03:34 AM
My goodness, Michael! Looks like Spring has sprung in your garden... thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 2nd, 2007 at 04:13 AM
WOW Michael, life has begun out there! Looks awesome!
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 2nd, 2007 at 04:25 AM
Oh my...how exciting Michael!!!!!
Posted By: Carly Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 2nd, 2007 at 06:35 AM
Looks kinda' de ja vu? Like last year at this time?

Ha ha!
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 2nd, 2007 at 08:03 AM
wow!!!!!!! how many sunflowers have you planted?
looks great!!!!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 2nd, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Awwww...little babies......cant wait to see them a bit bigger!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 4th, 2007 at 05:18 PM
yep! its gonna look awsome when their all in bloom! flw
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 6th, 2007 at 06:12 PM
Checking to see if there are any new pics??
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 7th, 2007 at 05:18 AM
Hello everyone!
I knew it would grab attention! clp

Well I'm back with another update!
Two photos, but not in my garden.
These are the one's in the front yard!
Look just how tall my Paul Bunyans have gotten since I planted them in the front....
Amazing!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 7th, 2007 at 02:04 PM
Looks great Michael.....keep those pics coming thumbup
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 9th, 2007 at 03:02 AM
Thank you,

Here is an update that will please the eyes!
Sprouting sunflowers!
[Linked Image]

To update Triss,
I removed my geraniums, now I'm starting to see sprout occur where they were planted. Do you think they will flower this year at all? Or NOT A CHANCE...
The Circled area is where they are located.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 10th, 2007 at 05:31 AM
The sunflowers look great!!! Even though I am not Triss, I would say that since you are seeing sprouting where the geraniums were that they should come back out and bloom for you this year, they may not be as big as they were though.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 11th, 2007 at 01:43 AM
Yeah I agree with Comfrey! thumbup
Posted By: Rite2u Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 11th, 2007 at 02:06 AM
Hey Michael!
Glad to see you are back at it again with your sunflower forest.
Weezie sent me a message that you germinated the burgundy seeds I sent you. That's terrific.
I have started this year's crop of sunflowers with some giants:

The one on the right is your Paul Bunyan seed. The right is a mammoth.
[Linked Image]

I haven't yet decided where to put them in the yard because the sun is shifting and I want to maximize the sunlight. The seeds that I planted in the fall did not grow as well because (as you said) they didn't like those short days.

Here is a flat of sunflowers (including Paul Bunyan, the tallest one on the right). The others are American Giant, Kong, Jade and Sunspot variegated. The seedlings to the right are musk mallows that I planted 2 weeks ago.
[Linked Image]

Here are some more seedlings:
[Linked Image]
The seedling on the bottom left is a giant pumpkin ( a coworker gave me 3 seeds a few months ago; said his dad grew 800-pound pumpkins in New York). And next to that are some cantaloupe seeds I got in trade.

This is my second growing season and I'm growing as a gardener..I have branched out and am trying different plants. I got hooked on Brugsmansia (Angel's Trumpet) so I have several of those growing and flowering beautifully. I have a little rose patch, plus strawberries and tomatoes, cabbage, bananas, carrots and cucumbers.

A few of my neighbors have walked by and asked when my sunflowers are coming and I said soon, very soon...I think the blue jays and cardinals are also anxiously awaiting them.

My parents are building a new home in Georgia. I will be going up there in a few weeks to start their flower beds and landscaping from scratch! They have 2 acres of what used to be farmland crowing peanuts and cotton. So the soil should be rich and workable.

I plan to plant LOADS of sunflowers up there, including some of your Paul Bunyans and American Giants. They have enough space that I can go crazy with planting sunflower seeds. I have toyed with the idea of doing a sunflower maze. We'll see what happens.
And yes, I will keep you posted...
Take care
Rite2u
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 11th, 2007 at 02:32 AM
WOW those look Great!!!! I haven't even started mine Yet!! lala
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 11th, 2007 at 07:07 AM
comfrey - Thanks, I'm going to hope for the best!

Rite2u - Hey!!!!!!!!
I miss you so much!
I was wondering where have you been!?
I was worried for the time being!
Hope everything is doing great over there. Yes, I sure did plant your burgundy seeds you gave me. I will post a picture of them tomorrow just for you! They are already about an inch high...

I sure hope you find great spots that will create perfect blooms in your garden! Yes I do want you to keep us posted! Please do post here!

So I read you like Angel's Trumpet, across the street from my house it's growing like weed. It drives the neighbors crazy as they put weed killer everywhere...lol...The blooms are so beautiful! I love how they hang!
Are you training it to grow like a tree?
Because that would be VERY NICE!
Well, I'm glad to see that my Paul Bunyan Sunflowers are doing great over on the east coast, please do keep us posted..
I wish you ALL the luck in helping your parents! Can't wait to see that,well,
much love and respect, Michael

Angelblossom - Get started, Start yours now... =]
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 12th, 2007 at 04:39 AM
This update is dedicated to Rite2u;
Here is your burgundy connection!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now here is my pots....All pots are sunflowers growing!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now, here is my garden from afar....
[Linked Image]

If you look closely at my garden, do you see green??
Thats all sunflowers growing
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rite2u Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 12th, 2007 at 10:26 AM
Hey Michael!
Thanks for the dedication. Those look terrific. We have similar setups with the seedlings.
Here's what I have growing. Some are hibiscus, duranta, oleander, musk mallow and sunflowers.
[Linked Image]

Yesterday, I planted 2 of the Paul Bunyans on the north side of the house, where I grew the tallest sunflower last year. It will get the most sun there.
I'll keep you posted.
Did you get frost there over the weekend?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 13th, 2007 at 04:05 PM
Looks amazing Micheal!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 13th, 2007 at 04:36 PM
Holy cow, what a production line you both have..
I really enjoy this..
Just is soooooooooo much fun..
I am glad you both are keeping us posted!!!

What all of the colors/names are you both growing again,
like in a list??
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 14th, 2007 at 04:01 AM
All I can say is WOW..It must be nice to have warm enough weather that you can start your seeds outdoors!!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 14th, 2007 at 03:35 PM
Rite2u....your starts look great too!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 14th, 2007 at 04:28 PM
wow you both got alot going!! looks great!
wish i could plant outside! your so lucky p laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 14th, 2007 at 06:44 PM
I hear you there too....wish i could but its fun to look at everyone else's!!!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 15th, 2007 at 04:39 AM
Hello there all!

Firstly Rite2u - How amazing how we are doing the same thing currently!!
I suppose we have same warming conditions occurring right now. You are surly growing much more than me that's FOR SURE!

Weezie - I am currently growing sunflowers in all my pots. I know I'd bet it sounds redicuolous.lol. Anyways, I will be growing some Aztec Gold Sunflowers, Paul Bunyan of course, Common Sunflowers, Burgundy Red Sunflowers from Rite2u, and German Sunflowers which I am having a hard time sprouting for some odd reason!? The seeds are only from last year's! I just do get it. I only have one sprout when I'm trying to grow seven more! We will see....

Here is an update to please all!

ALL COMMON SUNFLOWERS.

Facing East.

[Linked Image]

Facing West.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Common Sunflower Close up!
For details on how the process of
thining out check out my page, and Click on March 2007 on the left hand corner...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 15th, 2007 at 01:09 PM
Looking good Michael!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 15th, 2007 at 04:42 PM
Michael...One question when you say common sunflowers...What exactly does that mean? Are these just volunteers from previous plantings??? It is so nice to see all that green coming up!!!!

Ok..I just looked at your web site and found a few answers to my questions. Did you originally plant these in this place?
Posted By: Rite2u Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 15th, 2007 at 11:24 PM
Micheal,
A question: Are you going to thin those seedlings at all or just let them grow where they are? I have such a hard time thinning -- because it means killing off a perfectly good seedling, but I also learned last year that when they are too close together they don't grow as vigorously for me.
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 16th, 2007 at 04:01 AM
penny in ontario - Thank you

Confrey - Yes, glad you found out what they really are. But yeah that's their name. It has multiple heads and is commonly found along interstates and highways here in North America. They are native to us!

One of my best friends when I was about 13 years old. (Currently 17 years old.) Gave me a common Sunflower, but see it was ONLY ONE. Now Look what has happen. And...I do enjoy it to the fullest!

Rite2u - That question is simply answered on my Website, go to March 2007... =]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 16th, 2007 at 01:10 PM
laugh laugh laugh It looks amazing!!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 18th, 2007 at 05:01 PM
Okay Michael I started one of each seeds you sent me I don't have a lot of room in my yard If these are successful Next year I definately will make more room Hmmmmm Wonder if the neighbors would share some space!! lala laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 18th, 2007 at 05:27 PM
Originally posted by angelblossom:
Next year I definately will make more room Hmmmmm Wonder if the neighbors would share some space!! lala laugh
Heyyyyy, you never know, go ask 'em!!

And they make great living fences' for a short period of time/summer time...
But they also make the little birdies come that love to gather up those sunflower seeds...
and they are sooooooooo much fun to watch...
*even for the kids*
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 18th, 2007 at 05:36 PM
Problem is I don't have enough space for full sun all day except where I made the rock tower just about everywhere else is morning sun afternoon shade or the opposite and the fence shades all around perimeter practically all day! eek I doubt Dwight will approve of me planting in the middle of the yard lala lala laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 18th, 2007 at 05:47 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by angelblossom:
<strong> I doubt Dwight will approve of me planting in the middle of the yard grinnnn laugh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 18th, 2007 at 05:50 PM
Originally posted by weezie13:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by angelblossom:
<strong> I doubt Dwight will approve of me planting in the middle of the yard
Get him on here, we'll get him to approve it wink thumbup laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 18th, 2007 at 05:59 PM
thumbup grinnnn clp
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 19th, 2007 at 04:36 AM
I hope you the best Diane!!
Lets hope Dwight will let you! wink

Took these photos, Sunday, March 18th in the morning. I was deep soaking my Common Sunflowers...
Aren't they lovely??

Need to know why I'm not thinning?
Check out my page, Go to March 2007 on the left hand corner, then when you are at the page, scroll down to March 14th.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 19th, 2007 at 12:55 PM
You have a green thumb Michael...looks great!!!
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 21st, 2007 at 04:07 AM
Thanks Penny for your support! My Iris opened up today!!
Sadly I didn't take a picture, since it was an ugly and cloudy day!
Posted By: Triss Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 21st, 2007 at 05:12 AM
I am shocked at how fast everything is growing there. Did not seem to go so fast last year! Looks good!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 21st, 2007 at 01:00 PM
Me too....does seem fast...everything looks so green and healthy!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 21st, 2007 at 04:59 PM
Wow Michael!!! Your common sunflowers are really growing and look green!!! You definitely do have a [Linked Image]
Posted By: Michael15r Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:31 AM
You know everything seems be growing very quickly since our average this time of the year is 68degrees, yet we have been at the lower to mid 80s for quiet awhile!! Something is very odd!
Not that long ago we hit a record in stockton, at 86 degrees! I'm kind of worried at what summer will bring?
We didn't get much rain this year!

Okay, an update for all!

Firstly I want to update you all with my Paul Bunyans on the side of the house.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now a full view of my garden.
[Linked Image]

Now an overall view of my yard.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sibyl Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 22nd, 2007 at 06:14 AM
wow! their realy growing! lookin good michael,
is that a white dog running in your yard?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 22nd, 2007 at 11:53 AM
Micheal,
Are you going to try an experiment this year??

Try the growing a pea, bean, or sweet pea up
the sunflower stalk..

And see if they get any bigger than normal!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: A Sunflower Garden #7 - March 23rd, 2007 at 03:30 AM
Wow your sunflowers are really growing fast!!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]