A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: chermoni Spring is coming early!! - February 8th, 2007 at 04:56 PM
I have to run to work but I just wanted to share real quick that I noticed this morning that a bunch of my bulbs are starting to come up. At least 12 so far. grinnnn flw flw
Posted By: Triss Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 8th, 2007 at 05:04 PM
That is very exciting. I have daffs and iris up as well! No glads yet though.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 8th, 2007 at 07:17 PM
Wooo-hoooo.....i bet you were excited to see them!! thumbup flw flw
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 9th, 2007 at 01:35 AM
Yay! congrats!! thumbup clp
Posted By: Carly Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 10th, 2007 at 12:18 PM
So, you're Oregon, right? Well, that makes sense.

I did hear tell (somewhere, forget where) that we will have a warm April & May.

Hope that's correct.
Posted By: chermoni Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 11th, 2007 at 09:27 PM
Actually I'm in Washington, but that's pretty close. We've been having really nice weather on and off. Daytime temps in the upper 40's to low 50's and sun breaks between rain spells. At least I don't have to worry about watering anytime soon. Now if only I could figure out what it is that's growing. Duh And so far the squirrels have left that area alone. (knocks on wood.) I can't wait to see flowers and start taking pictures!
Posted By: Carly Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 11th, 2007 at 09:30 PM
That might be the secret to keeping the squirrels out of our stuff - just plant whatever that is you're seeing around everything.

Quick - find out what it is and horde as much as possible!

Heh! Heh!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 14th, 2007 at 03:59 PM
And then came winter.......

I'm not at all sure if those early bulbs are going to survive this. We had an ice storm all night long. Talk about no sleep. Yawn, nap time. See you all later.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Spring is coming early!! - February 14th, 2007 at 04:43 PM
Yeah, and we're in the middle of a blizzard.. eek

But I am very happy for you and those wee bulbs..
I know how exciting it is to see them peaking thru the soil for the first time in the spring..
*and it doesn't matter how many springs you see it, it never stops to mystify...every time*
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]