A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Kratz7 All Decked Out For Winter - February 17th, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I figured since we had some "Snowy Weather" I would post a few photos of the dollhouse decorated with snowmen and snowflakes....enjoy,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kratz7

[Linked Image]

I will be decorating for Spring Soon....very soon.....
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 17th, 2007 at 12:50 PM
So Cute!! You always have things just Perfect! wavey
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 02:16 AM
kratz

I cant see the photo.. Are my glasses badk/

;o) idea
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 10:49 AM
[Linked Image]

Winter time fun......
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 02:48 PM
I can see them all now Kratz..
I think my computer was flakey last nite.

Thanks for the views.. Do you put each season in a plastic see thr bag?////

Very cute and homey...........Thanks for sharing.

barb
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 05:47 PM
I see them and I like them. I used to take colorful yarn and #10 cotton and make rugs for doll houses.

I never thought about having seasonal doll houses! What a cute hobby.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 05:52 PM
I have a picture of the little rugs.
[Linked Image]
I used to make them to practice patterns and stitches. I've never had a doll house though.
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 06:21 PM
Jane

Make Kratz some >>>>>>>She entertains us each season..
I am looking to get one.. House..but didnt yet.

What stitch is the indian type of rug there?
I like that one .

barb luv
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 07:11 PM
Dodge, I will be very happy to send her these!
I have had them a long time and always wanted to share them!

If barb says Kratz is oool to share with - I am happy to share. Maybe I will get see them is a festive picture.

I have book I got from Warmart. It is supposed to make a blanket of squares with 60 or so different stitches. No two squares are alike. I learned most of what I know from it. And much from playing with the miniatures.

I have no clue which stitch any of these are now Duh
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 07:43 PM
Kratz,,

Jane is going to send you some rugs.

Is that ok?

She will need your addy..

PS......i gave her a hint.

;o)
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 08:00 PM
Hi Ladies,

I Love taking photos of the dollhouse decorated and I love adding things that are Handmade....It adds sentimental value to my things.....I'm never sure if I should post photos as I don't want to bore people with my other hobby....lol
Thanks Dodge....for looking out for me.....

Gonetothebirds I would love to have the rugs....could I pay you for them or at least give you seed money....lol

I am always looking for anyone to make me things for the dollhouse. It is a 1" scale Victorian by Dura Craft....I would love to have table clothes and all that, but I don't know how to crochet......

I know how to decorate a dollhouse though....

This would be my dining room table... [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 18th, 2007 at 08:03 PM
Originally posted by GonetotheBirds:
I have a picture of the little rugs.
[Linked Image]
I used to make them to practice patterns and stitches. I've never had a doll house though.
I have the dollhouse you could work on mine....lol

How much would you be charging for the beautiful designer rugs..........
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 19th, 2007 at 02:51 AM
Barb and Kratz,
I found them!!!

I was worried we were talking about rugs that I couldn't find.

Now, that they are in hand. Kratz, I don't sell things. (I just stay broke laugh laugh ) I will be happy to send share these with you. I made them in 1997-98. So, I don't think they'll be more.

It can't cost a buck to mail them.

I might play with the idea of making miniature doilies. That would take tiny cotton, almost thread, and I don't think I'm up for it. But, it's interesting.

What scale is right. Not too tiny. Think doily and table runner or coffee table and end table set -- what size?

Lynne is the one who is talented with tiny things. (at least her) I bet wrennie can too!

Kratz PM me and we'll get the address stuff rolling. -- Hey and you never know I might just need some seeds grinnnn

And don't forget to thank dodge. She PM'd, she's smart ... because I can't track thread for doodly lala lala
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 19th, 2007 at 01:59 PM
Hi there ladies,

I would love to have a mini rug....I'll pm you with my snail mail address.......as soon as I figure out how to find you.... smile What type of seeds would you like in return?

I have also made a mini comforter for the green bedroom.....
[Linked Image]

The blue and white blanket was also hand made...I bought it a craft show.....I have a mini mind that never stops.......lol

Have you ever made mini blankets or throws (afghans)?

I even made the curtains from lace and thin dowel...with a bead at each end to hang it from the wall......
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 19th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
Have you ever put any pulled apart cotton balls' or batting on the outside of the house, for like the look of snow??

Those are still very cool pic's of the inside.. cool thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 19th, 2007 at 04:08 PM
Kratz - I just love seeing pictures of your dollhouse - I especially enjoy seeing how your change it around for the seasons and holidays!!! Please keep posting pictures of anything and everything about it that you'd like to share!

Jane - you give me far too much credit!
I've just been making some of those small animals to try and keep my sanity this winter. Stuff is going on here, and I need an outlet. BUT... I could never ever do anything so tiny and intricate as a doily or rug for a dollhouse. My hands are not what they used to be - especially since I sprained my right thumb about 5 years ago - it still gives me much pain and cramping.

I think Merme is the one who does such beautiful teensy work - she has posted her crochet work here before you both joined us. Maybe one of the hostesses can bring that thread back up from the archives?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 19th, 2007 at 05:10 PM
Sorry Lynne,
What a drag -- you sprained a thumb! That has to really be lousy. It's like I say they don't say "there's nothing worse than a sore thumb" for nothing!

I officially promise not to give you too much credit ever again thumbup )
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 20th, 2007 at 10:36 AM
I will be decorating for Spring very soon....I have been looking foe all types of scrapbooking stuff as this is the perfect size for the dollhouse....I love all of the tiny things you can buy or better yet make.... [Linked Image]

I would love to make all of my own minis.....but I would need lots of help.......

[Linked Image]

This little robe was to be used for scrapbooking but I think it works better in the dollhouse....besides it would make the pages huge....lol

[Linked Image] I just adore this snowman and company....

I sure wished someone else would get into building a dollhouse....I would like to build a 1/144th scale....that would be very detailed though

How about some tea time with Teddy? lol

Have a great day everyone......

P.S. Did you get my PM gonetothebirds

Kratz7
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 20th, 2007 at 12:57 PM
Charlotte,
I love your stuff. I can't afford another hobby I feed the backyard birds... I can spend and spend and spend.

I love bargains though! It is beyond cool to think you can wallpaper with scrapbook paper!

I implemented my daughter's custom (from hell) wedding invitations and all the paper came from the scrapbooking section (on sale I might add).

Big lots... Big lots... Big Lots -- they get in a lot of scrapbooking odds and ends now.. Not racks of paper, but the little goofy stuff. Borders... Wow, image the border you can do in your dollhouse for pennies now!

I am still having trouble imaging the size. In the first picture how big is the window, the lovely sofa and the bear? Or any of them?
Can someone tell me how to get to your PM list - I never tried to find them and now I find i can't Duh

It looks bigger than a regular doll house to me??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 20th, 2007 at 01:52 PM
I found all my posts laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 20th, 2007 at 05:40 PM
kratz,

I am going to try my hand at some smallies for you.
Just for the heck of it . If ever I get a house , I will know how..ha ha

Ok.free
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 20th, 2007 at 05:45 PM
It looks so cute and so real thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 22nd, 2007 at 11:25 AM
Goodmorning everyone,

Dodge I would love to see how your smallies turn out......I would also love to learn to do small doilies....

I'll need to do the cottonball idea for snow next year....I also found ribbon storage boxes that store my decorations in.......

I love the tiny things you can buy to decorate with....I even have tiny silverware..... [Linked Image] I would love to have doilies, or placemats on the dining room table

I actually had plexiglass doors biult for the house to keep out the dust...my tiny maid just retired and I haven't found a replacement yet.... so nobody has been doing tiny chores......lol [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Alot of the wallpaper I printed on cardstock from the internet......like the kitchen wallpaper
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 22nd, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Charlotte... laugh laugh My tiny maid quit too laugh laugh
Can I plexiglass my real house!
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 22nd, 2007 at 01:03 PM
Kratz

Give me an idea in inches for the crochet placemats..
I need to know how small.. ??
I am going to try.

barb
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 22nd, 2007 at 01:23 PM
Barb..

I have been asking her for dimensions too!
I was going to make a bedspread or table runner. I am too old for the actual thread and tiny tiny hook for miniature doilies. And placemats..... too tiny and too many... I know my limitations laugh laugh

I want to make a bedspread cottony bedspread with all the bumbs in it. The kind you rubbed your feet back and forth on until they tingled.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 22nd, 2007 at 02:18 PM
Omg....the kitchen is so precious......i love it and you do such a wonderful job!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 22nd, 2007 at 02:28 PM
Omg Penny is right... look at the details! The kitchen cabinets the canasters Omg look at the curtains... that surely hang on the cutest little curtain rods ever!

Can you imagine the rooms you can design do now the scrapbooking is the rage!!! Waverly rooms for a couple bucks!!!

They had this Harley Davidson paper... could you see a miniature Harley room... wouldn't that be a hoot. Little mini harley clock and a dumb boy and his Fat Boy ... You could... no stop!!!

No... No new hobbies for me

Do you hear me no no no!!!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 22nd, 2007 at 03:13 PM
Charlotte - I am in AWE of your wonderful talent and work!!!

Your eye for detail is AMAZING!
You must have great fun buying, making, and setting everything up - I wanna LIVE in your dollhouse!!! Maid, or no maid! laugh Duh

I think of you everytime I'm in a craft store and pass by the scrapbooking aisles - I wish I had an endless supply of moolah - I would buy everything there, because I know you'd do such beautiful things with them! kissies
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 23rd, 2007 at 02:33 AM
Kratz, .............There you go .. Addicting another person into doll furniture....Yep Start weeping or laughing.

I was shoppin today and purchased some furniture for a house I don't have.....YOu got me mini minded now.. LOL

Guess where? Dollar store.. i will take a photo, and show off ......Without a house. Oh one set of coffee time cups and pitcher.

p p p p
Come on in now Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 24th, 2007 at 01:03 AM
kratz,

Now look what you did ..
I was shoppin yesterday and look what I end up with .............

Oh me , Oh my.here I come.
I asked the neighbor if he built mini doll houses, and he cracked up.. ha ha

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 24th, 2007 at 09:44 AM
Originally posted by dodge:
Kratz

Give me an idea in inches for the crochet placemats..
I need to know how small.. ??
I am going to try.

barb
Hi Barb, lol....your getting started....lol in the mini world.... smile The size for a would be about like a postage stamp...but a little more rectangular.....placemats would be awesome.....I could send you a few pieces of paper cut ti size......to show you how small.........
let me know if interested.....

I could gladly give you some seeds in return or some greenbacks or whatever you would like....
I was lucky enough to get a rug from Jane...it's beautiful and it's in the house already.....see...thanks for the hook up......

[Linked Image] the colors are perfect for this room......

have a great day and hope to chat soon.....
Charlotte

P.S. Have you started any seeds yet.....I started three trays so far....I'll have to post a few pictures soon...... smile
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 24th, 2007 at 09:49 AM
kratz,

Now look what you did ..
I was shoppin yesterday and look what I end up with .............

Oh me , Oh my.here I come.
I asked the neighbor if he built mini doll houses, and he cracked up.. ha ha

[Linked Image]
Oh boy it looks like the dollhouse infection is creeping into your world.......I love it

You will have a blast and its a great hobby......

I have some furniture I could certainly share......you caught the bug and that looks like some mighty fine minis

Where did you find such nice furniture and dishes?
you will find yourself looking at the world with a mini perspective......have fun and keep me posted .....

when are you shopping for your dollhouse.......
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 24th, 2007 at 10:14 AM
The rug on the floor at the foot of the bed is from Gonewiththebirds......

Jane, I received it on Friday and it's just beautiful.....thank you,thank you, thank you
the colors match very well....... kissies

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] I will cherish my little rug.......almost seems like you should have a dollhouse to use the other rugs...lol

thanks again,
Charlotte

P.S. Anytime you want to knit something mini.....I love you product.... thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 25th, 2007 at 06:23 PM
Charlotte,
I am so proud to have my CROCHET little rug in your house!! clp clp

I have more lala lala

Barb... You are a hoot!! Now you just have to find the house!

Charlotte.....Measure a dang bedspread!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 25th, 2007 at 06:39 PM
Come on everyone,
lets mess with Kratz House..

I have to get started.

barb
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 25th, 2007 at 06:46 PM
Ok - you all have me fascinated, but not to the point where I will get caught up in it myself - I just love seeing all of this come together.

And Charlotte - I'm always the one to catch puns, and couldn't help but see that you wrote about Jane's rug...

I was lucky enough to get a rug from Jane...it's beautiful and it's in the house already.....see...thanks for the hook up......
Jane CROCHETED that rug... with a HOOK!!! laugh Duh thumbup

It does look perfect there, by the way!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 25th, 2007 at 06:50 PM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
Ok - you all have me fascinated, but not to the point where I will get caught up in it myself - I just love seeing all of this come together.
Same here... hehehe

I love looking *but just can't get another poker in to the preverbial fire, so speak*

Enjoy looking into that mini~world!!! thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 25th, 2007 at 10:04 PM
coming soon......... crit
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 25th, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Barb...Maybe we need to send her a mini ruler laugh
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 25th, 2007 at 11:58 PM
flw clp they are addicting beware......lol and have fun.....it's a blast. You will find yourself looking for minis in all kinds of places....and collecting constantly...I can hook you up with some ideas for where to shop for lights and things......

I want to see some photos .....What kind? What scale?

I'm dying to know.....

Mine is the Cambridge by Dura Craft, they were an excellent company to work with... smile
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

kratz7
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 26th, 2007 at 12:16 AM
I get this book/catalog/magazine in the mail..
and came acrossed this in their website..
It's sooo cute..
A mini~doll house with accessories...
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 26th, 2007 at 12:49 AM
weezie

Thanks for that page, It might be my choice.
After i check a few things..
I could spruce the outside up.

angell

b
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 26th, 2007 at 01:20 AM
Heck yeah, you could just redo all the coloring, etc..
and make it your own!!
Especially for a starter...it looks' great
to start out with/on....
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 26th, 2007 at 12:38 PM
Hi ladies,

That dollhouse looks pretty cute and it could certainly be done up cute.....You could add things to it to make it your own. And since you can crochet you could do all kinds of things with it. I would love to do fancy little table coverings etc....and the price seems reasonable enough.... If I didn't already have a dollhouse I would go for it.....
Were you planning on lighting for yout little world? There's a company that carries all the electrical stuff it's called Cir-Kit....they have the wiring,lights and the outlets among other things.

Hobby builders supply carries anything and everything including dollhouses...

http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/index2.asp

this would also help get you started...I have ordered from them and they do have nice quality stuff....

Do you have an AC Moore nearby?, they also have dollhouse things.....including dollhouses....keep us posted on what you decide..... smile

You can also use scrapbooking decorations and things to decorate it......So many things to choose from.....
[Linked Image] I had plexiglass doors built on mine to keep the dust down inside as my mini housekeeper is on vacation.... [Linked Image] I eventually want to set the dollhouse up on a platform and add all the landscapingand gardens there too.....I need to find tiny flowers.........hmmmmmm....that should be fun.......

P.S. gonetothebirds....I tried to pm you....but the pm thing on your end is blocked.....bummer....lol

I hope everyone has a great day
Posted By: Anonymous Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 26th, 2007 at 01:22 PM
Weezie... it is tempting isn't it!!!

Barb is catching the bug. I love that house as the first doll house. The possibilities are infinite -- think about picking wallpapers from all shelves of scrap book paper at Michaels! I would like that part.

I just don't have room in my tiny house for a mini house. So, the temptation is more resistable. I am always trying to free space... not fill it!
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 26th, 2007 at 01:59 PM
kratz

Your gone gun hooooooooooooo.

I an still in planning on a house.
That one fits my budget.

b
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 26th, 2007 at 03:55 PM
Originally posted by GonetotheBirds:
Weezie... it is tempting isn't it!!!
Hey, even for a starter or just a trial~and~error type..
Not too big of an investment and you can learn
as you go..
Then if you really like it or want to
invest more, find a really advanced one for really getting into it... thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 27th, 2007 at 12:05 AM
weezie,jane,kratz,

luv luv luv
I have just Joined the Kratz DollHouse club.
I ordered the little house that weezie found for me.......
I say the price is right...My house is all white too........
I didnt order the furniture, cause I am not a white furniture lover..It will take me 4 years to do it all..

Hey, thanks alot Weezie for finding that.
By the way, where is that place?
No address on the sheets just the name.
luv
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 27th, 2007 at 12:18 AM
thumbup
I am soooo glad to hear that..
This is fun...

Here's some info for you..
The Lakeside Collection®"s Contact information
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 27th, 2007 at 12:20 AM
I didnt order the furniture, cause I am not a white furniture lover..It will take me 4 years to do it all..
You could possible in the future purchase it
if you can't find things suitable and
PAINT IT THE COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE..
Duh Duh idea
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 27th, 2007 at 12:52 AM
weezie,

Correct........I am not a fancy person, but do love Lace and Victorian things..
Just another hobby, and I will check out more stores for the parts inside.. I prefer the dark colored furniture.......
I just bought 2 new recliners for my Real house an one is Buckwheat an the Other is Ivory with brown added.
My circular long couch is more of a caramel color.

So I am thinking like this trim on here deep mahogany..LOL
Bill has good taste on the Quick reply bar.

b
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 27th, 2007 at 09:40 AM
HeyDodge,You could use that dollhouse as a "jumping off point" and then that will get you into the "mini-mindset" more (lol)and you will be looking at everything in a different scale.....(oops, as I sit and giggle about getting someone else involved in my mini world)

They have a few different scales in the dollhouse world , mine is a 1" scale they also have larger and smaller scales. I think 1" is the most available to shop for..... You can also print wallpaper and things off the internet....just use card stock and a realy good printer. I have wallpaper in this house that came from the net .....see.... [Linked Image] it's the border included....I used double sided scotch tape....it has been in there a few years already and it will be my template when I repaper the dollhouse....no muss, no fuss..... [Linked Image]

You can also collect little people when out and about shopping....lol

[Linked Image] ok....I better go........

kratz7

P.S. Congratulations Dodge......When will you be getting your dollhouse? Are you going to do some crocheting for you dollhouse? mini blankets would be cool.......you could always paint the furniture, likw weezie said........keep us posted......
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 27th, 2007 at 02:04 PM
Kratz,

Thanks , they said within 2 weeks, it will arrive.
I just thought that was so cool of weezie to send that , it was instant love......I didnt want to get elaborate..Just see if I could do it.
I love the idea of printing online paper. My printer does a sweet job..lexmark.
I am a person who just does things as I find , that attract me.. Things i like,ha ha
YOur a pro and I am a no........So now the game is begun..
Lets get more fans..to buy a house.. ha ha

Thanks Kratz for all the help and I am reading an studying you approach..........ANd anyone elses ........
Thanks weezie.......were all good for something,.
barb
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 27th, 2007 at 05:38 PM
kratz

Here are some samples......daaaaaaaaaaaa

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 28th, 2007 at 09:43 AM
First things first.....congratulations on you dollhouse I hope you have alot of fun with your new project....Keep us posted on the progres.
Secondly, your smallies are really cute, you will have a blast crocheting little things for the house. you could make little rugs for it like Jane's they look real cute in the house. Or you could do doilies and dable runner for the diningroom table, end table doilies etc.....

Is your dollhouse a 1" scale? they are pretty easy to find furniture and decorations for it. If you have a dollhouse shop in your area I think you will find alot of cool things there.....you are on your way with all the furniture and things you already bought......check it out and have fun...if you need help with anything certainly let me know maybe I can help....... smile

[Linked Image]

even tiny toys work well.

[Linked Image]

Kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 28th, 2007 at 01:38 PM
Kratz,
i am goin to try a different thread..

Not sure what I like or what designs..
Can you use those? I will give them to you.. free ..barb
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 28th, 2007 at 03:24 PM
How exciting Barb....good luck!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 28th, 2007 at 03:30 PM
Hey, I just got an email flyer from
Joann Fabric's..
Doll House Kits\'/Supplies
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - February 28th, 2007 at 07:35 PM
Thanks Weezie.......

Look more later after my chores..i like the furniture for sure.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 12:18 AM
Hi everyone,

You don't need to spend a fortune to have fun....there are all types of things you can do....and use that are generally inexpensive. I bought alot of the things over many years certainly not all at once. eek You can pick up things at the dollar stores,craft shows,I also pick up things at yard sales and wherever I see something I think may fit....I have a very fancy gas grill I paid a buck for....only thing is it has a clock in it.....lol [Linked Image]
You could also go to your local decorating stores that have wallpaper sample books,they will usually give them to you free of charge.Ask for the smallest prints.....as they will fit the scale of a 1" scale dollhouse.
I have made alot of little tiny fuzzy blankets...where I just cut and folded, then put in the closet.
[Linked Image]

I bought 1/4 yards of fabric to make a tiny quilt but never got around to it....lol... story of my life... you can find mini ideas and things just about anywhere. Bottom line it doesn't have to be expensive, I skimped where I could and went for it where I needed to.....

We don't have children so that makes a differance too. We would have loved to have 2 children at least, but it wasn't in our cards......bummer...but we're okay

I have also printed tiny canned good labels off the net and fastened them to a dow rod then cut them with a mini saw to make my own products.

I have even bought little things at craft shows too. There is an aweful lot of things free to print on the net. I even used mini foam sheets like felt..and felt for flooring instead of the "dollhouse Flooring"lol.. that will cost a fortune, so it depends on how thrifty you can be.... the thin foamy stuff you can buy at walmart..... [Linked Image]

You could crochet all of your own little blankets and things.... I would love to have mini sheets and thermals....lol

Here's a link to my photobucket page of the dollhouse... http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/My%20Cambridge%20Dollhouse%20by%20Dura%20Craft/

Ultimately.....have fun...... thumbup

check it out if you would like there are alot of thing that I made myself. I enjoy mini stitching and the dollhouse project alot....lol as you can see

kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 12:41 AM
Kratz,

This is so cute..
I have a new granddaughter, and One married son.
This is first time a tiny little girl stepped into my house..I mean I lived with boys till now .
SO we get the biggest kick out of Haley..
I did loose one child..Miscarriage.. And my son and his wife lost the first child also.. That is why this is so special to us......
Sorry of yours....Guess it was meant to be.. However I am having fun ..Now I must check Weeezies furniture.

Oh I bought some thinner thread today.. Maybe I can make something you can use.. I will show you later.

Thanks for all the fun.. Hope someone else joins us .
dodge
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 10:35 AM
Hi everyone,

The furniture and dollhouses JoAnn has on sale looks very nice. I wish they had that stuff in their stores..... like they do on the net....as I don't shop online too much. I like concrete and mortar stores typically....lol
But I'll go back to the link and do a little more looking as I'm always in the mood for a good bargain....
Maybe weezie will get interested....lol
Soon it will be Spring and I will be out in the flowerbeds.....dollhouse is a Winter project.
But I will be decorating for Easter....I'll post a few pics this weekend...when I get it done.....I'm looking for Spring anyways......lol so that will get me in the mood....

Have a great day,

kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 01:53 PM
Weezie,

Come and join us weezie..
Get a house an start.....
We still have lots of snow an still need fun for 2 more months.

b
Posted By: weezie13 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Kratz7:
Maybe weezie will get interested....lol
You know, I get the biggest kick outta this post..
~~>when I was a little kid, I had a play set, it was a board, with four legs you pushed over the board, (so it was up in the air) and you put this plastic house together (but it had no top)
and you had people/family and they had magnets on the bottom of them and you also had a stick
you'd take and put under the board, and the magnets would match up and you could move the people around the board~house and I had soooo much fun and was in a world of my own in there..

But now, I have sooooooo many pokers' in the fire so to speak... I just couldn't take on one more..

But I do live vicariously thru these posts/pictures and love to take peaks into
that mini~world!!! cool thumbup
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 10:14 PM
So would you like to see more photos? lol I have plenty,I will gladly post if you would like....

I would love to take photos of it "outside" sometime, but I would need to do alot of convincing with the hubby....lol...he would think (know) I was crazy. I think that would be very cool and to maybe find some small plants and have it sit in a flowerbed....temporarily that would be a photo session.....lol
What a dream laugh shocked laugh
I could build a patio and have that be the foundation...lol and the flowers be the landscape...I could dream of ideas all day..... wavey
Kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Yes put them on here .......I really enjoy listening to you.. I am learning too..

I think the whole house looks real and it is hard to separate fact from fiction. I think I have another girl intested ..Plant Queen.

Have to send this forum to her , she cant find it .
Just put them on ..We care.

barb
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 1st, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Lol, I just don't want to bore people....That would be great if plantqueen would join us....lol
I think it's alot of fun.....

[Linked Image]
This is another bedroom.....

[Linked Image]

kratz7
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 2nd, 2007 at 02:21 PM
Is the nursery ever sweet and the little blankets folded inside...so cute.
I just love looking at these pictures thumbup thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 2nd, 2007 at 03:13 PM
Penny

Why dont you get a house and try.......
Come on I never did it ..We need a Ontario house too.

;o)
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 2nd, 2007 at 10:30 PM
lol, thanks.... I just have alot of fun with it....This clothing tree was supposed to be used for mini easter eggs works perfectly in the nursery....watch for after holiday sales.... you can get alot for a little (money) lol

[Linked Image] I added a lace doily to the top of the crib....and then some scrapbooking bobbles..... [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and the clothes tree is supposed to be for easter (to hang tiny decorations on it)

kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 2nd, 2007 at 10:38 PM
cool..

b
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 2nd, 2007 at 10:51 PM
That is so precious, the tiny clothes and the crib.....thats somthing to think about Barb...maybe when i have a bit more time but its nice to look at this one and cant wait to see your's too thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 2nd, 2007 at 11:52 PM
Don't expect miracles........

lol...

b
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 3rd, 2007 at 12:10 AM
I'm sure it'll be very pretty Barb...have faith thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 3rd, 2007 at 01:18 AM
Hope an charity would help also.

lala lala lala
YOu can get on e too.
;o)
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 3rd, 2007 at 11:56 AM
You will be amazed at how fast your dollhose will come together.....

here's a link for dollhouse minis...they seem to have alot of things.....prices vary.....of course.....

http://www.dollhouseminiatures.net/default.php?cPath=60 you may want to check it out.....if nothing else check it out for ideas.....some stuff you can make by yourself just use it for ideas ..... smile

kratz7
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 6th, 2007 at 07:12 PM
Any pics or how is yours coming along Barb???
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 9th, 2007 at 01:23 AM
Hipp Hipp Hooray .....penny, kratz .

I got my doll house today and built it this afternoon.. I have to upload the photos so I can show off......
It is adorable for $19.95

Wood and all the parts.. 12 pieces and skrews, and I had a screwdriver ..I really enjoyed it .

Get one.....everyone.
b
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 9th, 2007 at 09:49 AM
lol
Yeah Dodge,

I want to see photos......ohhhh, please hurry
as I sit with mini anticipation...I can't wait til you start decorating your dollhouse....
Will you wallpaper or are the walls ready to go?

Now you'll really go crazy......Have a blast

Keep us updated on the progress please

Welcome to the mini world

Kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 9th, 2007 at 01:41 PM
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/20/330.html#000006

Kratz it is on .different topic.

b
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 9th, 2007 at 06:06 PM
Is that ever cute Barb!!!!!

Looks great!!
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 9th, 2007 at 06:11 PM
Penny

Thanks .

We all like it very much.

Get one,

barb
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 9th, 2007 at 06:35 PM
laugh laugh I wish i could but no room right now....but i can always look at the ones on here!
Posted By: dodge Re: All Decked Out For Winter - March 9th, 2007 at 07:59 PM
Sure..........

Anytime..
I put carpeting on one room today..Went to see my sister and share some spring bulbs this morning.Then home again to try to clean an wash clothes.

I better hurry it is 3:00.

b
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]