A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wrennie Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 21st, 2007 at 02:02 PM
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 21st, 2007 at 02:17 PM
Campers, possible campers, day visitors, and maybes so far:
Me
Penny(inOntario)
Tonya
Rita(springfever)
Lynne(plants-n-pots)
Angie(Chenno)
Triss
Chermoni
Melcon
ChristinaC
Tomacco
Joclyn
Mark(badplanter)
Margaret E. Pell
Jonni13(Tina)
AngelBlossom(Diane)
Hmmmmmmmm
Who am I missing? (I took the list from thread2 page1. I'm on Bessy and it would take me 5 hours to go through all the pages! laugh )
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 21st, 2007 at 06:53 PM
Looks good Wrennie!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 01:14 PM
Only 6 months to go!!
Any of you maybes find out for sure yet? Any yeses turn to no's? Any no's now a maybe??? Inquiring minds want to know. laugh

So the game plan is we're all going to mostly hang out and Duh
We will have a gift grab bag event. Everyone who wants to participate either brings or purchases while here a gift that is suitable for anyone who may come. Then everyone gets a number. The numbers are randomly picked from a 'hat' and you go pick your gift. {{Trading is allowed}}

Anything else I should add??
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 01:21 PM
PS How important is air conditioning to motel people?
I have an idea....
My friend owns a motel with a big field where people can camp. I'll have to see if campers can use a shower,She may be on town water where they do restrictions in the summer, she has a pool... Theres a bonfire pit. We could all be centrally located...
I'm sure Harry would let us rent his field, but no shower :p
Problem is she may be pricier than the other campgrounds. If we can get enough sites close to each other at a state etc camp...
I just dont want people spread too far apart when we're hanging out at night :cheers: ing
** ideas??**
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 01:51 PM
Air conditioning is a must in this stage of life! laugh shocked Duh

Which motel is the one your friend owns - I'm still looking into them...
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 02:03 PM
If the whole family comes....it will be a motel for us....i like the idea of buying my gift when i get there, instead of coming across the border with it..
Can you pm me the name of the motel too??
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 02:30 PM
The motel she owns has NO a/c Duh

The Emerson should be up and running by the time camp comes. I have no idea of prices but I'm sure they'll have A/C
The Lodge is currently open
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 02:33 PM
Thanks Wrennie....gonna check that out....AC is no big deal to me....as long as i get my shower in the morning thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 06:44 PM
A shower and coffee are the most important things to me. I will be moteling it since I will have the baby. And wherever everyone else stays is where I will stay.

Also if any other singles are coming along, I will be happy to share a room.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 22nd, 2007 at 08:36 PM
It's off topic but I'll say it anyway-- Thank you Wrennie, you reminded me that I have to get my fishing license renewed soon! shocked shocked laugh

I'm still a maybe, but if that 'maybe' turns to 'yes' I'll probably be a camper..

**Now, how can I convince the family? Duh lala laugh laugh wink **
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 25th, 2007 at 12:56 PM
Mark you can tell tham about all the touristy stuff to do here. Make a family weekend out of it and hang with us too. I'd like to meet some of the people my teenage son was 'hanging out' with online if I could. {{and if I had a teenage son}} laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 25th, 2007 at 02:58 PM
I was thinking that too Wrennie....they have to come and meet us Mark thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 03:17 PM
You guys will have a blast!!!after meeting with Rita, I know how special it will be for all of you:-)The pics from this trip will be wild with all the people thumbup grinnnn
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 03:29 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by badplanter:
<strong> I'm still a maybe, but if that 'maybe' turns to 'yes' I'll probably be a camper..

**Now, how can I convince the family? Duh thumbup
That might help! laugh
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
laugh laugh or chenno laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 03:55 PM
HEY......I thought you 2 were maybe's!!!!!
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 04:00 PM
I was a maybe..But it just will not work out this time for me, too many things will be going on;-(
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 04:05 PM
I liked it better when it was a maybe Angie ters ters
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 04:21 PM
Originally posted by penny in ontario:
HEY......I thought you 2 were maybe's!!!!!
Not gonna happen for me...I can't leave Lola and I can't take Lola.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 09:58 PM
Originally posted by chenno:
I was a maybe..But it just will not work out this time for me, too many things will be going on;-(
Same with me Chenno eek This maybe turned into a no go,, But Like Wrennie said There may be a next year!! This might become a yearly meeting
thumbup
Posted By: chermoni Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 29th, 2007 at 11:58 PM
Wrennie, I will not be able to make it. I have to go visit my aunt and cousins and can only afford one trip a year. My uncle is in iraq and they would really like to see some family, they have none in virginia, we're all in washington.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 12:00 AM
I can't go, money is so tight it's not even funny..... :p Mark gets a week of vacation but it'll be used up for our yearly trip to the beach. If we can afford it.

I hope you all have a blast though! thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 12:20 AM
I wish I could...But next year is always an option;-)But you all will have a blast! So cool we have the chance to meet our garden pals thumbup
Posted By: Thornius Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 02:02 AM
Thorny won't becoming. Too far, I don't drive anymore since breaking my neck, and I don't have a car reliable enough to make a trip that far.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 01:23 PM
eek
The crowd is shrinking...
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 02:37 PM
How far away is a trip from Wrennie;s to your house Loz???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 04:33 PM
Just Mapquested it...

Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 13 minutes Total Est. Distance: 422.50 miles

eek Too far.....my husband is the type of man that thinks driving 2 hours is a long, long trip. The five hour drive to the Ocean about kills him.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 04:36 PM
No but its giving me ideas though thumbup grinnnn grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 04:44 PM
What kind of ideas? laugh Like an extension trip down this way or something? wink

This is gonna sound really weird, but I can't leave Mark for a trip up there....I swear on my life he can't get to sleep until I'm in bed....seriously. As soon as I get in bed he's out, but when I'm downstairs late he can't sleep.

It's cute and annoying at the same time. laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 04:48 PM
The last time i talked to Brad about this trip...he said we should leave on a Thursday morning and stay until Sunday and drive back from Nancys, but i am thinking leaving Wednseday and going to see you first and then leaving for Nancy's is a good idea!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 05:00 PM
You mean get here Wed and then leave Thursday? I'd love it and you're always welcome here. kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 05:05 PM
Thats what I'm thinking.....and i am still serious about coming for the big sale too!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 05:12 PM
Well you always have an open ended invitation! kissies Just let me know what you're thinking and my house is your house! clp

All the driving wouldn't bother Brad?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 05:14 PM
Nah.....he likes to drive and so do i and by then we should have our 3rd driver too, once she goes laugh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 07:45 PM
OK... what big sale are you all talking about??? HUH HUH HUH? Duh Duh Duh

Are you gonna make me haveta drive down to Maryland???
Can't miss a good sale, ya know???
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 07:51 PM
The big sale is the one during your Thanksgiving...i forget what its called right now...but thats the one!!!
And come on down Lynne.....the more the merrier!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 08:18 PM
OK... but sale where? What items?? What savings???
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 30th, 2007 at 09:00 PM
laugh Lynne, I have a feeling once you get to the summer camp, you are going to have so much fun that you start traveling all over the place!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 31st, 2007 at 01:15 PM
Penny I think you're going to need a month to come down here and sidetrack to MD and every where else to see people who arent coming to 'camp'! grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - January 31st, 2007 at 04:09 PM
I'd come to camp if it were not so far away. eek Couple of hours isn't bad, but 7+ is just too far. eek
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - February 1st, 2007 at 03:05 AM
I just looked up availability at The Lodge - the link Wrennie provided in that last thread, and it is not available for that weekend for a room with 2 queen beds - too bad!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - February 1st, 2007 at 03:24 PM
:p thats not good at all!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - February 2nd, 2007 at 01:59 PM
Theres another motel past town a couple of miles
Apple Tree Inn They are BIG on feeding the hummers in summer!
And Theres The Shandaken Inn up farther (I have no clue on that one.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - February 2nd, 2007 at 02:09 PM
Here...
http://www.ulstertourism.info/accommodations/inns.html
Apple Tree Motel
Copperhood Inn
arent far up
http://shandakeninn.com/
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - February 2nd, 2007 at 02:48 PM
Thanks Wrennie.....definetly going to have to check those ones out thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - February 21st, 2007 at 09:53 PM
This one is only 3 miles out of Phoenicia.
{{She has a willy on her page! clp }}
And the owner was in the B-52's

Kates Lazy Meadow
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 6th, 2007 at 07:50 PM
Its March and that means Summer Camp soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 8th, 2007 at 01:27 PM
18 weeks till summer camp! clp

ohmygodivegotalottodo!!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 8th, 2007 at 01:30 PM
Places to stay
http://www.ulstertourism.info/index.html
http://phoeniciabelle.com/
http://www.cobblestonemotel.com/
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/do/camping/campgrounds/woodland.html
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/do/camping/campgrounds/kenneth.html
http://www.home.hvc.rr.com/catskill
Hide-A-Way Campsite
900 Woodland Valley Road Phoenicia, NY 12464 Phone: 845 688-5109
Sleepy Hollow Campsite
5636 Route 28 Phoenicia, NY 12464 Phone: 845 688-5471
http://shandakeninn.com/
Apple Tree Motel5 Ruthenbeck Road, Shandaken, NY 12480 Phone: 845 688-7130 Email: wbrooks1@hvc.rr.com
www.Copperhood.com
http://www.lazymeadow.com/hthome.htm
http://www.emersonplace.com/
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 8th, 2007 at 01:45 PM
clp clp clp Thanks Wrennie!!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 12th, 2007 at 01:18 PM
Have to re-do the happy campers list too...
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 12th, 2007 at 06:25 PM
Campers, possible campers, day visitors, and maybes so far:
Me
Penny(inOntario)
Tonya
Rita(springfever)
Lynne(plants-n-pots)
Triss
Melcon
ChristinaC
Tomacco
Joclyn
Mark(badplanter)
Margaret E. Pell
Jonni13(Tina)
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 14th, 2007 at 03:10 PM
thumbup Cant wait!!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 14th, 2007 at 06:52 PM
[Linked Image] wink laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 15th, 2007 at 02:25 PM
What is the closest campground too you Wrennie????
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 15th, 2007 at 04:08 PM
Hide-A-Way is about 2 miles{past me} and Black Bear is about 2 miles{closer to town}, Woodland Valley is maybe 3or4 but a state facility so I assume less expensive. I'm not sure if HideaWay is tent or just campers?? Duh
Posted By: Tuame Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 20th, 2007 at 02:29 PM
Wow guys this looks like fun wavey . Make sure you find an internet cafe. laugh laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 20th, 2007 at 02:36 PM
There is no age limit and any one is welcome.....doesnt matter if your parents are into gardening...its a chance for everyone to meet...hang out...share some laughs....and some drinks...and just have a good time.
Posted By: Tuame Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 20th, 2007 at 02:53 PM
Still.....maybe another time.I still want pics though.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 20th, 2007 at 03:00 PM
thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 20th, 2007 at 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Tuame:
Make sure you find an internet cafe.
In Phoenicia!?!?! [Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 20th, 2007 at 05:26 PM
I guess that means there isnt one then Duh laugh laugh laugh ....but we will for sure post some pictures!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 20th, 2007 at 06:21 PM
What about wireless Wrennie??? Is there a company that provides that in your area?
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 12:45 PM
The computer fixy lady provides wireless. I think she also will let you use her computer. And the library (closed on sunday) has computers I think 4 or 5.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 12:48 PM
PS before she moved in this Feb. there wasnt anyone who does computer work in town. Or wifi.We dont even have a cell phone tower yet.
Ya all know your coming to the sticks right?? laugh
Don't worry we should be in the 20th century by the time you get here this summer lala
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 12:53 PM
It may be "the sticks", but it's OH-SO-PRETTY there, and PEACEFUL too!!! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 01:32 PM
Thats fine by me Wrennie....the whole idea is to relax!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:59 PM
I know we are going to be a bit "out of the way" Wrennie, but if there is a wireless signal, it would be cool to be able to check in. I will be bringing the laptop with me.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 05:52 PM
I am going to talk to her about wireless today. For me to get it through her is about $6 a month. My phone bill here, cause its business, per minute, it adds up to way more than that a month.
There are benches on the deck outside my store. She's in my old spot. we can all sit there and pm each other laugh laugh I meant check in here. lala
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 05:53 PM
laugh laugh Pm eachother!!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 06:39 PM
I just talked to her and she's going to hook up my laptop with wireless. he's ordering me the card for it today.

Penny I have friends that come up here from manhattan, sit in their vacation home and talk online to Manhattan nutz I wonder if the 3 of them email each other while they're all sitting in the same room!? laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 22nd, 2007 at 07:20 PM
Oh cool! Nice to know we can have wireless. I would pay her the $6 to have it while I am there for the weekend!
Posted By: Tuame Re: Summer Camp 07 ~wildlife watchers~ #4 - March 23rd, 2007 at 04:22 PM
Gee.

If it's the only way to know what you lot are up to. It will be fun for you. Hope I'll enjoy the photos half the ammount you'll have fun. I'll actually get to finally see your faces! (Weee!)
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]