A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: dodge What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 01:30 AM
Yep, about 8:30 tonite as I sent here at the computer, (next to a window).....
The little stinker of a skunk must of passed right below it , cause my nose burnt so bad, and my eyes was watering.......
HD went out with all the lights on , and a flashlite ......Nothing.
We have large street type lighs on the garage and barn, but saw nothing......I guess being black and white, didn't help.
So...........I hope the lil stinker doesnt decide to spend the nite.
I actually had to hold my nose.
dev dev
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 01:54 AM
Ugh, I hate when a skunks sprays outside the window.....the smell lingers around forever. :p
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 02:03 AM
That is first time one came that close here.
Hd ran into a huge one up behind our barn last fall.. He was on the 4 wheeler , thankfully.

They dont waste time......

PS......Loz, did you know Jeff and his wife are expecting a girl i July.(I think july0..

flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 02:05 AM
Yep, I did know! thumbup

They wander around the streets at night here, sometimes I'm scared to get in the truck in case one is hiding under there ready to spray me. laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 02:17 AM
loz,

How about Possum? I think they are the ugliest animal I laid eyes on........

Some of them here too, as well as coyotes.

b
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 02:20 AM
Oh man, possums are scary looking! laugh

Mom has a good possum story...she was outside really early in the morning on the back porch having her coffee in the summer--well this thing she thought was a cat came right up to her....scared her to death because she'd never seen one up close before and she had no idea what it was at first.

She said the both sort of froze and looked at each other and then they both took off in different directions...her to the house, the possum to the garden. laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 02:45 AM
clp clp clp

Ha ha

That's funny......
My first sight of one.. We were single at the time and goofoffs......
My neighbors decided to have fun and put one in our mailbox, knowing I got the mail for us.
I opened the door and in ther was the stupid animal with its mouth wide open..
I shut the door really fast an headed home. GOt my brothers to go get it out...Gees was I scared.

ha ha.
Tell your mom that one. sca sca sca
Posted By: Triss Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:15 AM
Sorry you had such an incident tonight Barb, hope that smell goes away fast!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:22 AM
Triss,

me an you both...........Unheard of that when the dog is out there in the yard.. He didnt say a word.. Probably asleep.

ha ha .
I am ok..
Posted By: Triss Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:24 AM
Glad you are ok! That is all that matters. Does the house smell bad still?
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:28 AM
Triss ,

Actually I cant smell it at all right now..It was about 8:30.......It may of found one of the cats outside , and sprayed or something..
We have the windows and doors all closed .. Still have snow here......Spring snow.. ha ha

;o)

b
Posted By: Triss Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 03:40 AM
Well it is a good thing the house does not smell. Makes it a bit easier.
Posted By: tamara Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 10:55 AM
Ya, don't lock him in anywhere by mistake. Been there done that. frown laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 01:16 PM
tamara,

Oh no ..what did you do?

No it just passed thru, no smell today.. It must of just went under the window, about 4 feet from me......
Fortunately it is cold out an all our windows are closed......
Or basement is closed.
Thanks

barb
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 01:18 PM
Yucky Tamara........and your right, it does burn your eyes and the smell :p :p :p
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 01:34 PM
Penny,

It burnt the nose so bad I was holding it shut and trying to type.......
Still burned.......HD went out armed with a flashlite.....ha ha
He is brave.

b
Posted By: tamara Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 05:33 PM
We have a 4 ft crawl space under our house where the foundation is and we kept the door open to air it out. I closed it one day because the neighbours cat was hanging around and locked a skunk under the house. He sprayed.

My house reeked so bad for months. I finally got rid of the smell by flooding the basement and pumping it out then mixing pure ammonia and vanilla and spraying the whole basement, I can honestly say it was the stupidist thing I've ever done.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 06:36 PM
I'd send hubby out too Barb!!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 07:28 PM
Ha ha ha

He went on his own..
I ran upstairs and looked out the bedroom window..I am a sissy.. ha ha
p p p
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 22nd, 2007 at 07:31 PM
tamara....

Well just let the cat crawl under.. It wont stink and maybe the skunk will get scared .. Ha

Some of the neighbors dogs do that ..One went upstairs and hid under a bed.
those skinny ugly dogs with beady eyes.
Chi.

HD had to go retreive it .. I was so mad.
Guess it didnt like home.
They used to beat the dogs.. I seen that.
Posted By: Thornius Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 23rd, 2007 at 06:44 PM
One actually sprayed ME once, about 30 years ago. That's something that you can't QUITE forget somehow.
Posted By: dodge Re: What a Stinkin Guest Tonite.......... - March 23rd, 2007 at 09:07 PM
Oh gees.......
What did you do? I know it burns the nose awfully bad......
How did you rid yourself of it all?

YUK.......
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]