A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Kratz7 I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 18th, 2007 at 06:01 PM
I received this birdie house for Christmas , we hung it up just after the Holidays and we have tenants already.
Of course they won't have to pay rent or buy their own food, but they will need to provide us with lotsa entertainment and photos.

If you look closely you can see mommy and daddy and one at the side of the house

[Linked Image]

they are keepng busy
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 18th, 2007 at 08:59 PM
Ohhh that is way cute! love the house! Maybe you will have little baby birds soon thumbup clp
Posted By: patches1414 Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 18th, 2007 at 09:55 PM
Kratz, what a cute birdhouse and it looks like you already have some very interested tenants. wink Of course, since you are offering room & board for free I'm really surprised you don't have a lot more waiting in the wings! laugh

Kratz, do you know what kind of birds they are? Duh They almost look like my wrens, but I've never seen any of mine when it's this cold outside frown and you live in Pennsylvania; plus, you have snow on the ground. Just wondering! Duh
Posted By: MLN Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 18th, 2007 at 11:11 PM
Oh I'm jealous! I don't have my bird houses up yet! But I do get dozens of birds at my feeders every day wink I will have to put a priority on those bird houses!

Marleine
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 19th, 2007 at 12:34 AM
I'm not sure what type of birds they are.... I just noticed they were checking out the house......There is actually a bird inside of the house..... I would love to set up a webcam on the birdhouse and the pond.

We had snow,ice and sleet the other day making life difficult to drive....I'm glad it's going on Spring....and the weather will be warming....lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: patches1414 Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 19th, 2007 at 05:30 AM
Kratz, I can always tell when my wrens are out there because of their sweet song. I could listen to them sing all day long and sometimes I think I do. laugh laugh They are a tiny bird and you can tell the wren by it's short, little tail. I love them! luv luv
Posted By: Wrennie Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 19th, 2007 at 12:08 PM
Sorry guys they aren't wrens. frown
Although we do have wrens here in winter so you could too. thumbup
Those are House Sparrows. (non-native invasive species of bird)also called eurasian weaver finch they are from england.
Thi time of year they may be scoping out a new home (nest site) or just hanging in there to warm up a bit.
Fun to see the house in use isnt it? Cool house too.
Patti-Patches
Sounds like you have winter wrens. Teeny little tails,very cute. I have the Carolina wrens here. They{2} have been at my feeders more frequently now that the snow is finally here.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 19th, 2007 at 09:16 PM
Wrennie, the folks at Wild Birds Unlimited told me I have Carolina Wrens, but they are only here during the warmer months. smile I don't see anything that looks like a wren in the winter. ters Maybe I need a another new feeder with different food. idea laugh
Posted By: chenno Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 19th, 2007 at 09:29 PM
Love the feeder and the new tenants thumbup clp
Posted By: Wrennie Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 20th, 2007 at 03:01 PM
Carolina Wren
[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 20th, 2007 at 03:20 PM
How pretty and i love the bird house too....reminds me, i have some houses that need painting!!!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 20th, 2007 at 05:12 PM
Yes, those are the wrens I have, Wrennie! Duh lala
Posted By: Wrennie Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 20th, 2007 at 07:45 PM
mine came to visit today. Chattered at me cause the feeders were empty laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: I have tenants in my new birdie house - February 20th, 2007 at 08:00 PM
laugh laugh laugh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]