A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: angelblossom Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 26th, 2007 at 03:57 AM
I have one that dampened off but the rest are getting more leaves and growing,, Come onnnn Spring I wanna get them outside!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 26th, 2007 at 02:42 PM
Still nothing to report but havent given up hope yet!!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 26th, 2007 at 03:30 PM
eek eek eek

You may remember me mentioning that I had one that I wasn't too sure was gonna make it...well, this morning, I believe it had bit the dust.. eek The stem was all bent over, and it was laying "peacefully" on the soil... ters laugh
I'm going to leave it there until this time tomorrow, and if it doesn't pop back up, it's time to toss it.. eek laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 26th, 2007 at 03:38 PM
Fingers crossed Mark that its just resting thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 27th, 2007 at 02:40 AM
I'll post a new picture of mine on Sunday..that will be a week later since the last photos, Mine have all grown, especially the smallest one. I have been watering real heavy and that seems to be helping alot.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 12:40 AM
Here's an update on mine:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

laugh thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 01:07 AM
Goood Mark!!! thumbup
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 01:55 AM
grinnnn
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 01:59 AM
Thanks! thumbup

Yep! The third leaf, on my biggest one, is now slighly larger than a pencil eraser! grinnnn laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 04:56 AM
Looking good Mark!!!!
Posted By: chermoni Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 05:03 PM
2 of mine did start to get their third leave, and then they both starting laying over like the rest of mine did. eek They just don't seem to want to survive. So I decided that maybe that wasn't the pot for them so I planted my avocado in that pot instead and now I'm starting over on my wonder egg seeds in a smaller pot with better soil. Hope it turns out better this time. ters
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 06:25 PM
good luch on your second round chermomi,
my second grew alot faster than my first,
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 08:52 PM
Cheryl After Mine sprouted I started watering from the bottom when the top looked really dry I just sprinkle a little( couple of drops around the stem but not much as to not dampen off,, All I can say is that it works for me sooo far!! wink
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 10:43 PM
The sickly one that layed over and died I had pulled out of the pot, but there must have been a little root left down in there and now I have another sprout there!!! I am very happy. Now I have six again clp Now I have five leaves on the bigger ones.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Very cool, Shirley! thumbup

My 3 biggest ones[who have a fairly equal size] are starting to have their 4th leaf open up! grinnnn
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 11:15 PM
wow shirley 5 leaves! and marks getting his fourth clp
Posted By: chermoni Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 28th, 2007 at 11:24 PM
I'm so jealous!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 03:06 AM
Here is the smallest one
[Linked Image]

Middle sized which has caught up to the largest one
[Linked Image]

Largest one
[Linked Image]

Two group shots:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 03:11 AM
Wow, yours look fantastic Comfrey! Really healthy and great!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 03:12 AM
I am wondering when I should re-pot mine?

Comfrey, what size pots are yours in? They sure look nice and healthy!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 03:35 AM
I think these are what they call 3" sized (thats the size across the middle of the top of the pot). But I am thinking that I will need to try and transplant again soon to bigger pots, I hoping not, but I am afraid I am going to have to at this rate. The leaf span is bigger then my hand on the two larger ones.
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 03:52 AM
Wow. Mine are growing the leafs and all, but they are definately not as big as yours Comfrey. (What r u feeding them?) I almost killed one the other day, I was trying to move things around and tugged on a leaf. It came out of the soil, I stuck it back in, but it didn't have much of a root system, so I thought fursure I had killed it. It's still green and standing up straight. grinnnn
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 03:56 AM
I'm not feeding mine, and I used a plain "cheap" potting soil which I added perlite to, I was wondering if I should feed them though?
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Mark it took you so much less time!!! Cause I planted mine on Dec. 15th!!! I do have my 6th leaf pokeing out though.
Wow, they sure don't look anything like compfys; hers are nice and compact and fat!!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 01:07 PM
Thank you, Comfrey!

When did you transplant yours for the first time?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 04:29 PM
Well I've got good news and some bad news.....all of my little post are in one of those starter kits and i marked what each plant was and i guess from the condensation, the permanent marker that was on a stick is gone.....totally gone,,,,so i have sprouts but no idea anymore as to what is what....so i will need your help in a few days laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 04:49 PM
Dixie Angel....I haven't been keeping any records, so I can't say without going back and reading all the threads to tell you when I first transplanted. I started my seed on Dec 15..four days later I had sprouting going on, I'm thinking it had only been a few weeks. Later I'll go back and look through the threads and write it all down and then post it.

Penny...we'll be glad to help you figure out which is which.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 04:52 PM
Thanks....i know i will need it, it came with little sticks to add in so that you know what is what, and i used a permanent black marker.....the good news is that i have sprouts, but what they are...havent a clue??
I will post some pics later this week , so we can start guessing laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 07:39 PM
I went back and searched the posts:

Started seeds Dec 15, 2006
Seeds Sprouting Dec 20-22, 2006
Transplanted Seedlings Jan 9, 2007
(I want to add that the seedlings were pot bound when I transplanted out of the small pot.)
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 29th, 2007 at 08:25 PM
laugh Penny i hate when that happens! i do it all the time!
laugh clp good news is you got sprouts!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 30th, 2007 at 03:08 AM
Thank you, Comfrey! I guess I need to start potting mine up in their own little pots...
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 31st, 2007 at 04:19 AM
My leaves just keep getting bigger and bigger, It's amazing, They just seem to expand more over night! How big do the leaves get????
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - January 31st, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Hi everyone!
Well, I had to go out of town suddenly to assist my sister. I missed ya'll sooo much, really!

You may not see me too often on our site unfortunately. We'll see.

Wonder egg update: A friend cared for my seedlings while I was gone.

Shirley, I cannot believe you have five or six leaves, and Mark, wow, what, four or five leaves?

Comfrey- your plants are amazing. I just snapped a few pics to show everyone. I'm sort of embarrassed after hearing and seeing the others. shocked
[Linked Image]

I took these pics on macro setting! They appear MUCH LARGER than they are. laugh

[Linked Image]

Several "fell over" after misting but I pushed them back into soil. They seem to be doing fine. Wondering if I should water them from below now?
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Stephanie Hiiiiiiiiii!!! wavey thumbup flw
Posted By: kennyso Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 12:33 AM
I still have nothing! frown laugh shocked oh well, I'm going to try yet again
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 01:13 AM
Kenny I'm most proud of you Cuz you never give up........!! thumbup grinnnn
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 02:45 AM
Yours look great Stephanie!!!! The stems look very sturdy and since they have their first trues leaves they will start growing out of control soon....I would suggest you transplant yours sometime soon into individual containers. Angelblossom & I both found that ours were root bound when we transplanted ours. And you may find that yours will be also.

Kenny:
I'm also proud of you Kenny for not giving up...You will get them to sprout yet....Need more seed? I still have a few left I could add to your envelope, since I haven't got it mailed yet.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 02:48 AM
My seedlings look just like Stephanie's.
They are growing quite slowly this time around, but at least they are still hanging in there!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 03:23 AM
your seedlings look great stephanie thumbup im proud of ya too kenny! ya never give up! laugh i need that bird and frog pic to post laugh
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 02:52 PM
I'm so glad everyones are progressing so nice. Mine have a few white spots on the leafs, anyone know why? here's a pic.

[Linked Image]
That's the biggest of them all. It has taken it quite a while to get there, but they are doing fine.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 03:03 PM
Still nothing....starting over too!!
Posted By: kennyso Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 05:22 PM
Originally posted by comfrey:
Yours look great Stephanie!!!! The stems look very sturdy and since they have their first trues leaves they will start growing out of control soon....I would suggest you transplant yours sometime soon into individual containers. Angelblossom & I both found that ours were root bound when we transplanted ours. And you may find that yours will be also.

Kenny:
I'm also proud of you Kenny for not giving up...You will get them to sprout yet....Need more seed? I still have a few left I could add to your envelope, since I haven't got it mailed yet.
Thanks but no thanks Comfrey, I still have some seeds. I think I have enough for a few more tries as well laugh , hopefully this is the last time I have to restart them laugh shocked
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 1st, 2007 at 05:40 PM
I agree Kenny.....i hope this is the last time for me too....i may already have some sprouts but am going to clearly mark these ones so i know.
Good luck....again!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 2nd, 2007 at 12:11 AM
Hang in there {Penny !! Like Lynne mine are slow growing they started out pretty good but since the transplant they have slowed down I'm thinking the cloudy days we've had here is slowing it down Duh

proud of ya for trying again girl!!

Cancolgirl Yours looks great! and sorry I don't know what the white is some one will know and help you out on that thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 2nd, 2007 at 12:19 AM
Cancolgirl, do you spray your plants? Maybe it's the hard water residue when the water evapourates? I'm pretty sure it isn't powdery mildew
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 2nd, 2007 at 03:09 AM
Cancolgirl...I have no clue either about the spots, but I was thinking maybe it was water splashed on the leaf or some sort of ?bug/insect damage? I saw a ladybug crawling around on one of mine, but I don't think she can do any damage, so just left her alone.

Good Luck Penny, I hope it works this time around...Just barely cover the seed and make sure the soil is not wet, but damp. Cover with plastic or place in a plastic bag and place in the warmest place in the house. I think heat and barely covering the seed is the key.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 2nd, 2007 at 03:53 AM
maybe if you post it in plants pest and proublems buglady might know what the white spots are, she's pretty smart with stuff like that. thumbup

comfrey im pretty shure lady bugs are benifical bugs thumbup they should not hurt your plants if anything they will keep away alphids and such
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 2nd, 2007 at 05:17 AM
Originally posted by sibyl:
comfrey im pretty shure lady bugs are benifical bugs thumbup they should not hurt your plants if anything they will keep away alphids and such
Yes they are beneficial...at least I don't have to worry about aphids on my house plants, thumbup since there seems to be quite a few lady bugs in the house right now.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 2nd, 2007 at 01:50 PM
Thanks Comfrey, i will try those sugestions this weekend when i try again.
I'll keep you posted.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 3rd, 2007 at 12:55 AM
I just replanted mine[the four of them, one didn't make it ters ], but i had trouble standing them up.. they kept falling over... I think I got them OK now, though... I hope they make it!
I think I underestimated the size of the roots... I may have removed some.. shk
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 3rd, 2007 at 08:56 AM
thumbup and after seeing your w-egg plants i have no dout! wink
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 3rd, 2007 at 02:11 PM
Comfrey, I truly think that what you said, above, is the key to the whole thing:

{Cover with plastic or place in a plastic bag and place in the warmest place in the house. I think heat and barely covering the seed is the key.)

That is what helped mine to finally sprout when they were lagging behind!

So, Kenny, and every one else who is going to start over...pay attention to comfry.. thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 4th, 2007 at 10:58 PM
Here are my weekly Sunday photos...The largest and middle sized ones are about the same size now and I can't tell them apart, the smallest one is catching up quickly and I am sure I need to find bigger pots and transplant again.

[Linked Image]

Click on any thumbnail for a larger photo:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 4th, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Very cool Comfrey! thumbup

Here's mine:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and a close-up:
[Linked Image]

They're each about 3 inches tall now...each starting to get their 5th leaf!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 4th, 2007 at 11:11 PM
I'm thinking that comfrey got some SUPER SEEDS!!!

Mine look exactly like Marks! Duh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 5th, 2007 at 01:26 AM
I don't think I have super seeds, laugh laugh In fact some of you have the same seeds I have, mine had Melcon on the packet and I think several others said theirs were also from her. But I do think the fact that I have mine under lights has made a difference:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 5th, 2007 at 01:35 AM
Yours look good Mark...a few of the stems look a little thin...which means they need a bit more light or closer to the light. If you look at the last picture I posted, you will see I have my plants very close to the lights..which will make sturdy stems and apparently the leaves like it also. I just hope that mine do not out grow my lights/shelf before it gets warm weather, so I can put them outside. I doubt that mine will have eggs by Easter though, but you never know...at least I should be able to get seeds to share for next season.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 5th, 2007 at 02:02 AM
Thanks for the info Comfrey.. I will try to get them closer to the light thumbup

Right now they are on a dresser, with the plant light aimed at them from 6 inches or so away... I'm going to try to find a way to get the light above them...
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 5th, 2007 at 04:56 AM
clp if you look evey close to 2 of mine you can see a third leaf fourming clp

comfrey yours look GREAT!
marks are comming along grat too!,
lynne didnt you start yours around the same time as mark? i was thinking you did, if they look like marks yours are comming along great too clp
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 06:24 AM
can ya see the third leaf?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 01:49 PM
I have started again....nothing happened with the first batch....i'll keep you posted.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 02:55 PM
Very Cool Christy!

Good luck Penny!

I have pics of mine.. they are getting leaf # 6.. i'll post later on... thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:01 PM
Hi Mark......i hope these guys grow, if not I'm giving up on them.
Cant wait to see yours!!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:18 PM
This is from a little while ago:
[Linked Image]

and a close up on the biggest one:
[Linked Image]

thumbup
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:23 PM
wow mark those look great! their getting leafier and leafier!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:24 PM
Look great Mark....and nothing like mine!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:28 PM
dont give up penny
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:32 PM
I hope these take off for me...if not then i'll have to go buy the real thing from a garden centre!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:36 PM
can you buy them? i never seen em before here,
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
They sell them at a Garden Centre up here...nice and healthy...but it wont be the same though!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 04:02 PM
ya but cool you can buy em at the garden center.
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 10:37 PM
....Beautiful...

Wonderful! Love seeing the progress of the plants.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 12th, 2007 at 10:45 PM
nothing...darn! laugh laugh frown OPh well, maybe I'll give it a break for about a week before I attempt to try again...have been following everyone's advice
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 12:52 AM
here's my update Looks like we need more sunshine on them But they are surviving. It has been soo gray and gloomy here Come onnnnn spring!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 12:59 AM
Looking good! thumbup

The stems on mine are still too thin and skinny... I hope they get better thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 01:58 AM
Looking good Mark!!!!

Angelblossom...The stems look very good on yours and they are growing.

I was thinking about not posting a picture of mine, I don't want anyone to feel bad, just because I got lucky and mine are growing out of control.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 03:01 AM
I just went and looked at mine...the bottom leaves are very yellow....I had to do a quick re potting of all three of my plants, it turns out they were all root bound....I will post a picture of them in their new pots...but I just found that the batteries are dead in my camera and the spare set are no where to be found...So when the batteries recharge I'll take some pictures.
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 05:26 AM
Yes BLOSSOM, COME ON SPRING!

They ARE looking GREAT!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 05:55 PM
Wonder of wonders........i planted some seeds back the beginning of January and nothing happened, figured the seeds were no good and started them again.
The ones i planted in January, i never threw them out but put them on a shelf in the laundry room and forgot about them, i saw the container today and figured i would throw them out....I HAVE SPROUTS!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't believe it...I'll keep you posted and when i can post some pics, i will!!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 08:10 PM
clp clp clp Yay Penny..glad you finally got sprouts!!!! laugh Penny you may end up with more plants then you know what to do with.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 08:13 PM
I am starting to think that too laugh laugh thumbup ....need some more smile
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 08:22 PM
I'm going to post a few pictures..Note the yellow leaves, these pictures are after I made an emergency transplant last night. I lost one leaf while transplanting..I hope the other yellow ones make it and green back up. I transplanted from 3" pots to 6" pots. Here is a link to my Wonder Egg Album if you want to look at more pictures.

[Linked Image]

Look at the yellow leaves
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is my progress so far:
Started (4)seeds Dec 15, 2006
Seeds were sprouting Dec 20-22, 2006
Lost the four sprout..seed never went ahead and developed the sprout properly
First Transplant Jan 9, 2007 into 3" pots (root bound)
Second Transplant Feb 12, 2007 into 6" pots (root bound)
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 09:03 PM
WOOOOHOOO!!!! PENNY!!! clp clp clp
im so happy for you!!!!!!

great link comprey! you never make me feel bad seeing your pics! your an insperation!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 13th, 2007 at 09:05 PM
Me either, i love to see how others are making out too!!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 14th, 2007 at 12:36 AM
Yeah Penny!!!!!! Sprouts!!!!!

Comfrey Yours look great!!!!! No feeling bad here I feel your joy!! clp clp Okay Question! How do I know when to transplant again??
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 14th, 2007 at 01:49 AM
Wonderful! SO BEAUITFUL!
Keep them coming!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 14th, 2007 at 02:21 AM
Originally posted by angelblossom:
Okay Question! How do I know when to transplant again??
The yellow leaves told me...but if I had of looked at the bottom of the pots I would have seen roots, even though I did place a piece of paper towel over drainage hole...Angelblossom, you transplanted right after I did last time...How big are the pots you have yours in? These things make leaves and lots of roots it appears..I am now worried about finding bigger pots, because these 6" ones I am sure are not going to be big enough. I need spring/warm weather to hurry up and get here before I have to transplant again...I do not have any safe place (to keeps all the cats away)for that large of pots in my house.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 14th, 2007 at 09:21 PM
Comfrey I have mine in 4 inch pots right now I turned them over and didn't see any roots, guess I need to go to 6"??? I know what you mean about the weather It's snowing outside right now Not much BUT it's supposed to be in 20's @ night and 30's day for the next few days , still no sun shine not for a few days now or for the next few days eek eek
Ya' think I should go ahead and transplant?? some of them DO have yellowing lower leaves BUT these are the smaller leaved ones Duh Duh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 15th, 2007 at 01:58 AM
Angelblossom...better to be safe then sorry, I neglected to pay close attention to mine and it now looks like I will lose all the yellow leaves, since I transplanted...there are all kinds of new leaves forming on the stem under the leaves that are already there..I'll see if I get a picture, my old camera doesn't do very well with close ups..its only a 2 mega pixel and even with the marco on..it doesn't do very good close ups.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 15th, 2007 at 02:35 AM
Here are some pictures of the leaf buds on the stem under the other leaves...also notice the damage on the yellow leaves...I need to go ahead remove those, but will wait a little longer. Click on any image to make it bigger & open in another window.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 16th, 2007 at 01:02 AM
yep that's what some of mine look like too!!

Well I guess I know what I'll be doing this week end lala wink thanks Comfrey and your camera takes really good picture!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 16th, 2007 at 01:06 AM
I still haven't re-potted mine. Guess I will be doing that this weekend...

Dianna
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 16th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
I cleaned off my desk and I found this info about wonder eggs written on a piece of paper..Don't know where I got it, but thought I would share it:

Wonder Egg Plant-Solanum Ovigerum

-Small bright purple flowers, white egg fruit that turns yellow, orange & finally brown when ripe.
-Annual-Put outdoors after danger of frost
-Grows 3' tall, Plant 9-12" apart, Full Sun
-Produces egg shaped fruit in 2 months, Bearing 10-20 eggs per plant
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 16th, 2007 at 06:01 AM
thumbup

im getting my fourth leafs!!!!!!!!!! clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 16th, 2007 at 06:58 PM
Sprouts are still going strong here thumbup flw flw flw flw
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 16th, 2007 at 09:21 PM
Originally posted by sibyl:
thumbup

Me Too Sybil clp clp
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 17th, 2007 at 02:25 PM
thumbup

I'm getting leaf number 7 on two of them, and leaf number 6 on the other two... I'll post pics later thumbup
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 18th, 2007 at 02:53 AM
[Linked Image]

and a close-up:
[Linked Image]

thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 18th, 2007 at 04:32 AM
your doing great Mark!!! thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 19th, 2007 at 04:00 AM
My one with the very yellow leaves is still alive and has new leaf buds, but all the other leaves I am going to lose it looks like. The other 2 plants suffered no damage from being root bound..In fact I can see little sticker (like little thorns) looking things forming on the stems and one has what I think is a flower bud forming..I'll try to get some pictures and post and you can let me know what you think.
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wondereggs seed progress (part 6) - February 19th, 2007 at 05:55 AM
Wow! Great! Time to start a new one!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]