A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: CrescentScapes New Here - March 8th, 2007 at 05:02 AM
Hello,

I came across this forum when I was looking for a different forum on google. I'm from Louisiana (USA) and I am...maybe a little bit more than a beginner gardener? Herbs are my favorite things to plant, but vegetables and then flowers would come next. I'd mention rose bushes as well but I'm afraid I might jinx myself since for some reason I didn't do too well with roses last year, lol. Just wanted to drop in and say hello, as well as give a good thanks to those who keep this forum running. I looked it over very briefly to a degree but loved what I saw.

Thanks!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: New Here - March 8th, 2007 at 08:01 AM
[Linked Image]

Welcome to the forum! smile You're really going to love it here luv and we're glad to have you aboard! wink There is a wealth of good gardening information and plenty of people to help you. wink
Posted By: webwise Re: New Here - March 8th, 2007 at 08:30 AM
Welcome indeed. If you need answers someone will know, or at least know where to find them. smile
Posted By: sibyl Re: New Here - March 8th, 2007 at 01:30 PM
wavey hello
welcome to the fourm
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: New Here - March 8th, 2007 at 01:38 PM
Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum!!
Posted By: MLN Re: New Here - March 8th, 2007 at 02:52 PM
wavey Hi Crescent--welcome to the forum. What part of Louisiana are you from? I'm originally from Bossier City but have lived over here in Vicksburg, MS for the last 33 years. I still miss Bossier! Don't worry about being a beginner--there are LOTS of folks here who can help you with just about anything you need wink
Posted By: princessazlea Re: New Here - March 8th, 2007 at 09:16 PM
Hello wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: April Coria Re: New Here - March 9th, 2007 at 03:24 AM
welcome to the forums... everyone here is soo nice i hope you enjoy it.... wavey
Posted By: CrescentScapes Re: New Here - March 9th, 2007 at 04:25 AM
MLN:wavey Hi Crescent--welcome to the forum. What part of Louisiana are you from? I'm originally from Bossier City but have lived over here in Vicksburg, MS for the last 33 years. I still miss Bossier!
I'm from LaPlace, basically in between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Pleased to meet you!

April Coria:welcome to the forums... everyone here is soo nice i hope you enjoy it.... wavey
I am beginning to see that! So far it sounds like everyone is smile .

Thanks for all of the greetings everyone!
Posted By: Thornius Re: New Here - March 9th, 2007 at 05:09 AM
My maternal Grandparents lived on the Amite River east of Baton Rouge in a house built on stilts (for the flooding). They were avid fishermen. gardeners, and naturalists. I have many fond memories of fishing on the bayous and the river with them. My grandfather was Edward Robertson Sharp of the Baton Rouge Sharps.
Posted By: CrescentScapes Re: New Here - March 9th, 2007 at 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Thornius:
My maternal Grandparents lived on the Amite River east of Baton Rouge in a house built on stilts (for the flooding). They were avid fishermen. gardeners, and naturalists. I have many fond memories of fishing on the bayous and the river with them. My grandfather was Edward Robertson Sharp of the Baton Rouge Sharps.
How very interesting. I've got family in that area actually.
Posted By: Thornius Re: New Here - March 9th, 2007 at 09:55 AM
Sharp road in Baton Rouge is named after my maternal side of the family. I believe I am now the oldest surviving member of the Sharp family although my last name is Winston.
Posted By: netty Re: New Here - March 9th, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Hello Crescentscapes wavey
Welcome to the forum! flw
Posted By: April Coria Re: New Here - March 10th, 2007 at 02:20 PM
you will find if you have a question it will get answered pretty quick and accurately... i am finding that everyone on here likes to help you if they can.... i think its great... thats what we need in this world is more people who are willing to help others if needed! thumbup muggs
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]